Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

However, the project could be facing setbacks after film-makers Mike deGruy and Andrew Wight were killed in a helicopter crash in Australia earlier this month.The two men were friends and colleagues of Cameron, and had been working with him on this deep-diving project.

Not good news for Cameron's dive.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17013038

Random Guess: James Cameron will pull a Contact and have Grace be a mental/physical/something manifestation of Eywa to Sully since that's the form he'd be most comfortable with

He doesn`t need Grace`s physical manifestation to be comfortable with because he had to pass through the eye of Eywa in order to become reborn as a Na`vi. In other words, he saw Eywa for real like Grace did when she said "she`s real". Also, when he asked Eywa for a favor, he said "if Grace is with you, look into her memories". Because of all that, I expect we see Grace as whatever next step being she has become, not as a manifestation of Eywa. I certianly expect better from Cameron than Higher beings-takes-familiar face&body-to-communicate thrope.

Why isnt he focusing on Avatar 2!?

He needs to get every other poject out of his mind so he can have this out my 2015.

This is one movie that I have been looking forward to the most, ever since I walk in to watch Avatar.

Why would he care about having this out by 2015 in the first place? He's James Cameron. He doesnt meet the deadline. The deadline meets him. :P

Why would he care about having this out by 2015 in the first place? He's James Cameron. He doesnt meet the deadline. The deadline meets him. :P

Amen!He`s badass like that. I`d rather have him make an epic dive and Avatar after than rush Avatar without the dive. How many directors are diving? Only JC. So it`s greta to have someone like that around. Love him to bits.

Amen!

He`s badass like that. I`d rather have him make an epic dive and Avatar after than rush Avatar without the dive. How many directors are diving? Only JC. So it`s greta to have someone like that around. Love him to bits.

The guy is perfectionist. He waited 12 years on Avatar. He's not gonna rush anything on the sequels.

BTW, just found a hilarious comment on another forum on this deep-diving trip.

All I can think of is the Abyss, and Cameron down there typing this out:

"Knew this was a one way ticket, but you know I had to come."

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17289535

James Cameron close to diving to deepest ocean

By Rebecca Morelle Science reporter, BBC News

Posted Image

James Cameron has just completed an 8km dive in preparation for his plunge to the bottom of the Mariana TrenchContinue reading the main story

Related Stories

Director James Cameron has said that he is close to diving 11km (seven miles) down to the deepest part of the ocean, the Mariana Trench in the western Pacific.

He has just successfully completed a test-dive 8km (five miles) down off the coast of Papua New Guinea.

He now hopes to reach the world's deepest point in his one-man submersible in the coming weeks.

Only two people have been to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, back in 1960.

Mr Cameron said: "The deep trenches are the last unexplored frontier on our planet, with scientific riches enough to fill 100 years of exploration."

The director has long been passionate about the oceans, and used submersibles while working on Titanic to film the wreck of the doomed liner deep underwater.

Solo dive

Posted Image

The sub is designed for one person and is fitted with 3D cameras

Mr Cameron's sub is called the Deepsea Challenge, and was built by an Australian team of engineers. It fits just one person, which will be the director himself.

It is kitted out with cameras, including a small stereoscopic camera that can withstand the 1,000 atmospheres of pressure that are found 11km beneath the waves.

Mr Cameron said that he plans to spend six hours exploring the bottom of the trench, and would be gathering footage for a 3D documentary based on the dive.

He will also be collecting samples for the scientific community.

He said: "Our goal is to build a scientific legacy for generations to come.

"It's also to inspire people across the globe to celebrate exploration and to explore with us online and through the media we produce."

The expedition is backed by National Geographic and Rolex.

Edited by vc2002