Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

32 minutes ago, theultimatebiu said:

But SW7 WILL beat both those movies WW. It will be over $1bn WW by Sunday, at the latest. Avatar 2 will drop WW and DOM. The 3D hook isn't there anymore and the film has not aged well at all.

Well TFA will have a difficult time to beat Avatar's WW, let's give him that. Titanic should be good.

24 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Cameron fans are way more loyal than sws.  More people than sws  can even handle will see to that.  Lol was sw had big names returning.  Lol none of that can save thou  vs Cameron god power over generations .  Disney even tried to steal some of that power and release force on a Cameron release date.  Lol weak copy of bo might is poor sustinance for the Kings return. Haha haha haha

So you're saying Avatar 2 will beat SW ? Because the fan thing (there's Avatar fans ? Apart from you I mean) can't make Avatar 1 makes more, it's not in theaters anymore.

And December is not a Cameron release date, he released two movies there, LOTR/Hobbit released more or even Harry Potter did.

23 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Idk i often see way more ppl dressed as star wars characters at comic-con then i see ppl dressed as cameron....

Yes but it's Cameron films that took folks breath away and were much more than popcorn fluff.  Huge difference.  Folks so into avtr1they committed suicide in when they couldn't go back to Pandora.  See privious posts.  Cameron experience is like no other. 

PS even the non lfans if James lives up to his legend on the level  of a terminator 2 improvement across the board state James ľThe overall bo records shatteredwill be beyond ouwildest dreams.  Most predict up to 4b. Slim chance for even more. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

34 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Idk i often see way more ppl dressed as star wars characters at comic-con then i see ppl dressed as cameron....

Lol like I said no original  cast hype and your film is going to lose theww race.  Avatar was in 2300plus can dude lol.  And even less os vs sw7 . James Cameron in 4233 to4400tcs domestically is freaking scary and oh my add on that the bigger os theater counts Cameron loyalists will get to enjoy.  Disney ain't going against an avatar film or battle angel for that matter.  This is the only dude that had back to back all time domestic and ww films.  Logic over sws madness all day baby.  Force awakens likely wont reach 1.8b ww with All the hype and nostalgia lol.  Might even lose to the dinosaurs killo

18 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Lol like I said no original  cast hype and your film is going to lose theww race.  Avatar was in 2300plus can dude lol.  And even less os vs sw7 . James Cameron in 4233 to4400tcs domestically is freaking scary and oh my add on that the bigger os theater counts Cameron loyalists will get to enjoy.  Disney ain't going against an avatar film or battle angel for that matter.  This is the only dude that had back to back all time domestic and ww films.  Logic over sws madness all day baby.  Force awakens likely wont reach 1.8b ww with All the hype and nostalgia lol.  Might even lose to the dinosaurs killo

tumblr_mnb2jxJlJQ1rbw8xwo1_500.gif

47 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Yes but it's Cameron films that took folks breath away and were much more than popcorn fluff.  Huge difference.  Folks so into avtr1they committed suicide in when they couldn't go back to Pandora.  See privious posts.  Cameron experience is like no other. 

Oh so the Avatar fans killed themselves ? That's why we can't find them guys. But then, who would make so much money for Avatar 2 ? 

• Like 1

Kal there is no point arguing with the force. Avatar will get blown away DOM-ly by TFA, It will be over 525M by sunday, next week will get it to 700M+ and then even with 50% drops it will make 850M atleast. Sorry to bring it to you, but avatar is going down ^^

I just want it to be released!!

I am anxiously anticipating what parts of this universe Cameron explores...didn't they say that the ocean life of Pandora would be explored?

Things I'd like to see in the film:

• a deeper exploration of what Eywa means for other characters in the universe. If Eywa is a deity with a whole religion based on her, are there people who turn those religious beliefs into extremism, not unlike most major real-life religions? Are there Na'vi people who would die, kill, or discriminate based on their religious beliefs?
  • I'd also like to see if there are Na'vi who could be considered gay based on our human binary standards for sexuality. How does the Na'Vi culture perceive sexuality? Do they have sociocultural constructs that look down on any non-binary sexual or gender divergence? Do homosexuality and transgenderism (as we perceive it) exist? 
  • A female villain, definitely. 
  • An exploration of Jake's human life on Earth.
  • An update of what's going on on Earth with the whole destroyed echo system thing...
  • Political intrigue on Pandora
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jb007 said:

lol guru is predicting only $77M total for Avatar2. lol lol lol. With this Avatar 3 and 4 may be planned for Direct to Video. lol lol lol lol. Hey Kal buddy, too bad it did not work out for jimbo. 

Now he plans to make Titanic 2: A century after. That may be good after all. lol lol lol. :wub::wub::wub:

77M total? What kind of dumb ass guru is he? Avatar 2 will have a fuckload of GA appeal. 400M domestic is the floor.

3 hours ago, pepsa said:

Kal there is no point arguing with the force. Avatar will get blown away DOM-ly by TFA, It will be over 525M by sunday, next week will get it to 700M+ and then even with 50% drops it will make 850M atleast. Sorry to bring it to you, but avatar is going down ^^

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

PandoracoI just want it to be released!!

I am anxiously anticipating what parts of this universe Cameron explores...didn't they say that the ocean life of Pandora would be explored?

Things I'd like to see in the film:

• a deeper exploration of what Eywa means for other characters in the universe. If Eywa is a deity with a whole religion based on her, are there people who turn those religious beliefs into extremism, not unlike most major real-life religions? Are there Na'vi people who would die, kill, or discriminate based on their religious beliefs?
  • I'd also like to see if there are Na'vi who could be considered gay based on our human binary standards for sexuality. How does the Na'Vi culture perceive sexuality? Do they have sociocultural constructs that look down on any non-binary sexual or gender divergence? Do homosexuality and transgenderism (as we perceive it) exist? 
  • A female villain, definitely. 
  • An exploration of Jake's human life on Earth.
  • An update of what's going on on Earth with the whole destroyed echo system thing...
  • Political intrigue on Pandora

Lol folks keep forgetting os alone choco flies avatar 2 will make 2.8 to 3b plus and it's the only film that has over 1.b domestic potential.  It took the original cast and Harrison Ford to even barely beat Avatar 1 Cochin in 400 to 600% more screens domestically and ww overall.  These area loonies are in some serious denial.  Cameron fans are going to crush the force awakens.  Only the ow record may remain for Dec(maybe)

Force awakens still could drop off to 680-770m. Hardly an assistant whooping with 2hr run time 's a 3hr plus movie running in a snow storm lol.  We all know had there been no storms avtr would have hit 900m domestic coco.  We still win though because this average film ain't beating titanic or avatar part 1 ww...  Cry us a river.  Though domestic Cameron may finally fall to number 2 and number 3.  Lol grrrr. Still the domestic gap won't be huge and sws domestic run will never match the might of titanic and avtr.  Even with snow storms 2%drop Coco and Cameron fans for the 2nd weekend. 

Avtr2 will break the world.  Loving it but force is strong domestically

Kal and Cameron fans laugh at fools after seeing the failure of force awakens is.  Only over the top Jedi's thought this would sink titanic or the king avatar ww.  Cameron is still the undefeated, undisputed king of the world baby where it matters most worldwide. I pray sws also loses to the dinosaurs ww.  Go jpworld 1.7b baby. Bkb bite on titanic and jpworld power.  Lol congrats on potentially sinking titanic domestic and maybe Avatar.  I still expect a night drop over the 4th through 7  wkends. Next sws drops like a stone though 

Edited by Kalel009Shel
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

All laughs at fools after seeing the failure is of day that thought this would sink titanic or the king avatar ww.  Cameron is still the undefeated, undisputed king of the world baby where it matters most worldwide. I pray sws also loses to the dinosaurs ww.  Go jpworld 1.7b baby. 

Avatar's WW number is sacred, Lord know when something will ever get close to touching it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Avatar's WW number is sacred, Lord know when something will ever get close to touching it

Juggernaut 2 for buddy.  Juggernaut 2. Also cams battle Angelita saga has a shot and potentially the last 2avtrs. Assuming cam pulls a terminator 2 and aliens in sequel effiency

8 hours ago, BK007 said:

And that's with the derivative Avatar as the first movie too. Look at Star Wars, completely derivative and pointless and people flock to it, so it's not like it is beyond them. 

TFA is totally derivative, yet (some) people laud it for it. Supposedly, that's what Star Wars needed, after the prequels. I say, bullshit. And, hypocrites.

Avatar may be derivative, i'd rather call it playing with familiar themes. All movies (stories) are a combination of things we have seen before but imho what TFA did worse is that it copied itself. Whether it was sheer desperation to appeal to fans or lack of imagination, it did things we have seen before within the same franchise, in some cases more than once.

• Like 2