Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

16 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I hope this movie suprises us and makes 4b+ or just flat out fail and 'only' make 1B. I want something extrodenairy from this movie!

I think the most suprising thing to most people will be that the film is incredible. For some reason they're not expecting something great.

By the way $4b is more likely than $1b!

10 minutes ago, Elessar said:

What's the point of a club if like 95% agree with you?

I am the 5%

Edited by IronJimbo

I see Kal is already planting seeds of excuses.  Talking about earthquakes in 2016 as a possible reason the film might not set records in 2019.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The whole point of clubs is to be risky. 

I think reading through this thread has given him a distorted view on the overall consensus of the site.

I'm certain of 3 things of with Avatar 2.

1) Best CGI/3D seen to date in Cinema.

2) It will be a better film than Avatar.

3) It's going to be marketed well.

When you have the legendary film maker James Cameron have to spend 3+ years on a project, you damn well know it's going to be great.

I can't envision a single timeline where this film makes less than Star Wars The Force Awakens, which was honestly a mediocre film. Luckily JJ had the force on his side which allowed him to make $2b.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Baumer said:

I see Kal is already planting seeds of excuses.  Talking about earthquakes in 2016 as a possible reason the film might not set records in 2019.  

Well natural disasters hurting Bo would kill our bet. I suggest you go to bet page. Fair and square besting fa by 901 m overall couldn't happen if  say japam and China for eg God forbid had a 9.2 on the rictor scale. Which I think is obvious. As long as it's a normal Bo run its all good for our bet. I'm sure you would be saying 20 excuses if earthquakes reduced FA'S Bo to 800 m ww lol.;)

Edited by Kalel009Shel
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I think the most suprising thing to most people will be that the film is incredible. For some reason they're not expecting something great.

By the way $4b is more likely than $1b!

I am the 5%

I agree that 4B is more likely than 1B. That being said, 2B is also more likely than 3B. 

10 hours ago, Baumer said:

Baumer all those movies theaters were destroyed so that is the reason why it lost 700m from overseas.  

• Like 3

Jenette (Vasquez) :He was able to get the film made because he’s a badass, and has steel cajones. And when you think about it, what age he was when he went back to them and said, "This is who I want to cast. This is the script. This is how I think - " you know. He gets a reputation for good and for bad, because he doesn't take...you know?

0420-jenette-inset-1.jpg

Interviewer: You've worked with James on some incredible films. Do you have any particular set memory that stands out above the rest?

Jenette: A great memory from one of them was the "Titanic." The little boy who played my son, he'd never - I think he’d been in, maybe, a background in a McDonald’s commercial or something. And when we did the first shot of us - of all of the immigrants trying to push out and the gates are closing, we did it in one take. And then, James was like, "Okay, we’re gonna go again." And the little boy goes, "Oh, why? Wasn't I good?"

Interviewer: Aww.

Jenette: And he stopped the whole crew, everything, all the extras, everything, and just sat with this little boy, really close, and goes like, "Let me explain it to you, what's gonna happen is, we'll do it once, and then we're gonna do it again, and then we might do a close-up of you. And you might have to do it, like, eight or ten times - is that okay? He just stops everything, tells this little boy how it's gonna work, and then makes sure that he felt comfortable. It was amazing.

HEART OF GOLD, FIST OF STEEL

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 5

On 4/24/2016 at 7:25 AM, Baumer said:

You guys are enabling him. :P Kal is just playing a character, sort of a rabid fanboy-troll hybrid. He loves the attention.

I did the same when the LOTR movies came out on the BoxofficeReports forums. :D

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

@Kalel009Shel @IronJimbo Has there been anything released of what the plots of the future films could be about?

We know that some of the scenes in the original are important for the sequel, such as the tree of souls part. Where memories can be stored in the plants, the seeds contain the memories of every single Na'Vi.

However it's unknown what based Jim will do for Avatar 2.

We do know there will be an ocean sequence in the second film though.