Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

11 minutes ago, stripe said:

Smart move by James Cameron to release the sequel almost 10 years after the original.

Clearly, he is trying to take advantage of the nostalgia factor, very popular these days... :ph34r:

improved film tech also!

9 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Cameron is a washed up director who doesn't have the pulse on pop culture anymore as his visionnary buddy Tim Miller & his iconic Deadpool movie that is already redefining the cinematic landscape for the upcoming decade.

Other visionary directors that some called them as redefiners of the cinematic landscape.

Wachowski bros. After Matrix opened. Then... LOL!

Shyamalan. After Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs combo. I really like him but he is no longer an A-lister.

David Fincher. After Seven, Fight Club. Arguably, the only one in the list that can be called a redefiner.

Frank Darabont. After The Shawshank redemption/Green Mile came the void.

Michael Mann. A couple of strong efforts during 1990's. Only 1 praised film in 2000's.

Michael Bay. Buried after the first TF.

Tarantino. He clearly redefined cinema.

Renny Harlin, John Woo... Big No!

I am sure Tim Miller and Deadpool will be popular for no more than a couple of years.

On the other hand, James Cameron has succesfully redefined the cinematic landscape not only one, but 3 times: with T2, Titanic and Avatar. And through 3 different decades.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stripe said:

Other visionary directors that some called them as redefiners of the cinematic landscape.

Shyamalan. After Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs combo. I really like him but he is no longer an A-lister.

David Fincher. After Seven, Fight Club. Arguably, the only one in the list that can be called a redefiner.

Michael Mann. A couple of strong efforts during 1990's. Only 1 praised film in 2000's.

I am sure Tim Miller and Deadpool will be popular for no more than a couple of years.

On the other hand, James Cameron has succesfully redefined the cinematic landscape not only one, but 3 times: with T2, Titanic and Avatar. And through 3 different decades.

He was being sarcastic! I like this post though, not once, not twice but thrice?! Revolutionary directory.

• Like 1

Can someone please explain to me when this is coming out? I'm a little tipsy so for some reason this grabbed my attention...

Yes, James, I understand you dived and a made a record with a trench in Asia but come on. I watched the movie when I was 16...I never expected I would be fucking 30 to see the sequel. Yes, you have an amazing mind. No, you are not king of the world. But still...hurry up. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, stripe said:

What about his untitled cyber thriller?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

Can someone please explain to me when this is coming out? I'm a little tipsy so for some reason this grabbed my attention...

Yes, James, I understand you dived and a made a record with a trench in Asia but come on. I watched the movie when I was 16...I never expected I would be fucking 30 to see the sequel. Yes, you have an amazing mind. No, you are not king of the world. But still...hurry up. 

But he is the king of the world.

2018 DEC is a solid bet

5 hours ago, stripe said:

:lol:

12 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

:lol:

Hollywood was really confident with Harlin becoming an A-list director. They gave him huge big tentpoles after Cliffhanger and Die Hard 2.

A shame both Cutthroats Island and The Long Kiss Goodnight bombed. The two are guilty cinematic pleasures.

3 minutes ago, stripe said:

Hollywood was really confident with Harlin becoming an A-list director. They gave him huge big tentpoles after Cliffhanger and Die Hard 2.

A shame both Cutthroats Island and The Long Kiss Goodnight bombed. The two are guilty cinematic pleasures.

The Long Kiss Goodnight is great. I still haven't gotten around to watching Cutthroat Island, but I've heard decent things, despite its box office reputation.

33 minutes ago, stripe said:

Well, he *was* an A-lister. Until he had a couple of bombs, and then he wasn't.