grim22

Steve Jobs | October 9 limited, expands Oct 16, wide on Oct 23 | Teaser Trailer Page 9

This is so winning.

Everyone will deny it or laugh at the notion.

New movies will come, impress and go.

The Oscar this year is between 3 films: this, Joy and Revenant. Danish will be nommed but won't be a BP winner.

It's September 6. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

• Like 3

Fassbender does seem to be in as good a place as anyone can 6 months before the Oscars (big, showy, relevant part in a biopic, the guy is popular and a previous nominee, the movie is praised overall and will probably be a solid success). But, it's still 6 months before the Oscars.

• Like 2

Some did say that, but they were called crazy:)

One of them, as far as I recall, was Kris Tapley. Also Golderby's editor in chief (forgot his name).

So they threw shit at the wall and got lucky. In retrospect we know neither of those movies was even close to locked to win BP until the PGAs or so. 

• Like 1

So they threw shit at the wall and got lucky. In retrospect we know neither of those movies was even close to locked to win BP until the PGAs or so. 

It wasn't throwing shit at the wall. They had their reasons (the connections both films made at Hollywood).

When the Affleck snub happened, things changed a lot,

The PGAs should lock the eventual winner, agreed. But I think only Joy or the Revenant can be actual threats to Steve Jobs. So in my opinion Jobs has a great chance at winning. But we'll see. 

Edited by MinaTakla

I hope the movie talks about the anti suicide nets that the chinese owners of Apple labor camps installed to prevent unnecessary workers deaths from happening so the productivity of these sweat shops aren't affected.

The age of the workers in those factories will also probably addressed by Boyle & Sorkin I am sure.

This movie will create dire controversy around the Apple brand, could be bad for them.

Poor Steve Jobs, the burden & Guilt were probably too heavy for him.

Edited by The Futurist

One major reason also to consider guys:

In the last 6 years the BP Oscar winner screened at Telluride and/or TIFF, so if these 6 years are any indication there's a great chance by next week the BP winner would have been seen. (regardless of which film it is).

I hope the movie talks about the anti suicide nets that the chinese owners of Apple labor camps installed to prevent unnecessary workers deaths from happening so the productivity of these sweat shops aren't affected.

And you just pointed out where the backlash against this movie will come from starting January.

One major reason also to consider guys:

In the last 6 years the BP Oscar winner screened at Telluride and/or TIFF, so if these 6 years are any indication there's a great chance by next week the BP winner would have been seen. (regardless of which film it is).

Give it a rest dude. This is a coincidence more than a law.

• Like 1

It wasn't throwing shit at the wall. They had their reasons (the connections both films made at Hollywood).

When the Affleck snub happened, things changed a lot,

The PGAs should lock the eventual winner, agreed. But I think only Joy or the Revenant can be actual threats to Steve Jobs. So in my opinion Jobs has a great chance at winning. But we'll see. 

You%2Breally%2Bneed%2Bto%2Brelax.gif

A lot of contenders this year won't be ready until November at the earliest. Reviews for this are very, very strong but not otherworldly. The only nomination it probably is locked for is Best Actor (and given how barren the category is this year, Fassbender is now the frontrunner).

• Like 1