CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Echoing similar statements, I detest the fact Pixar is making a 4th Toy Story. The whole plot synopsis of Woody falling in love with a Bo Peep doll seems rather lame. Will it be the same Bo Peep doll from the first two movies? Anyways, Toy Story 3 was a perfect closing chapter to the trilogy and the franchise in general. The themes of love, staying together(even in the face of certain doom), and moving on to the next phase in your life were touched upon in TS3. Toy Story 3 was great, and the ending made it seem like there was no real place to take the franchise further. For me, I could tell there was a potential for a third movie even at the end of Part 2. The ominous message Prospector Pete gave to Woody and the others about Andy moving on from his toys, and what had happened with Jessie with her previous owner. I could see where they were taking the story. I don't see it from Part 3 moving on to Part 4.

Definite cash grab by Pixar IMO.

• Like 1

I don't know....but i'm not sure if Cars 3 will be that inferior compared to the second one.

Cars 2 was Pixar's first and only rotten-recieved movie on RT. It could be a case where they learn their mistakes from Cars 2...and needs to bring something better in Cars 3.

We just never know...Cars 3, (as much as some people are worried about it) could be a better movie than the second one....but only if they bring something new and good with it.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

TS4 will decrease from 3. I know DM3 won't match 2's box office domestically and given Minions' legs in the US it's possible it goes below 300M. WW it can probably be another Ice Age.

It depends on DM3, being better than Minions...(which i could see). WW-wise will push it to over the $1B mark. They just have to bring something new and endearing that could give it a lot of heart like the first one. If DM3 does get to over $310M, and steal the thunder from TS4...it will only be if it's a better movie.

• Like 1

It depends on DM3, being better than Minions...(which i could see). WW-wise will push it to over the $1B mark. They just have to bring something new and endearing that could give it a lot of heart like the first one. If DM3 does get to over $310M, and steal the thunder from TS4...it will only be if it's a better movie.

It'd have to be on par with the first's quality, a lot of people thought 2 was a step down and Minions had....... wait for it..............

TOXIC WOM

• Like 2

It'd have to be on par with the first's quality, a lot of people thought 2 was a step down and Minions had....... wait for it..............

TOXIC WOM

Well..they could give us something more interesting with the third one.......let's see.....what could they do to make the story more fun.........I know! They could actually focus more on Gru, Lucy & the girls. Can't always rely too much on those Minions. That's why the "Minions" movie, didn't have great reception. Give these guys a good amount of screentime....not too much...but not too little, either.

And since it's getting released in 2017......they need to age up the characters like Agnes, Edith & Margo. Cause by that point...Agnes's voice actress, "Elsie Kate Fisher" is being older by then.

Toy Story land coming.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/16/d23-2015-toy-story-land-announced-for-disney-hollywood-studios

This is one reason why they'll make of these.

And all the TS shorts and TV specials great. I have no issue spending more time with these characters

Hopefully it opens in time for TS4, I don't see how it'll take more than 2 years to build by Disney's pace.

2018 is more likely. Lotta infrastructure work that needs to be done.

True. It took 5 years to build Cars Land (two planning, 3 constructing), yes with other California Adventures expansions at the same time, but all totaled the same amount of acres that Toy Story will have. I'm thinking closer to 2020 for this and Star Wars Land.

Edited by acetabulum7
  • Like 1

The animation in Cars 2 is Picar at its best. People moan about cars, because it's the Pixar franchise that's catering for kids only. If it was a DW production, people would rave about it. I don't mind Cars, looking forward to the third one. It won't be a billion hit like TS4 or Dory, but mind you Cars 2 won the year.

• Like 1