RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (3/28 - 3/30) Noah 44M Divergent 26.5

Yes, it was written by the guy that wrote Heathers, and you can tell.  It's got a sharp wit to it, sometimes too sharp, but nonetheless, it was fun and very entertaining.  And the daughter of Lea Thompson and Howard Deutch is absolutely gorgeous.  Lea Thompson was kinda sexy but more cute in her days, but her daughter is flat out hot!

Name?

Name?

Zoey Deutch

I'm not sure if the pictures you google of her will do her justice though.  You will literally have to see her in the film to see how beautiful she is.  I think she lost about 10 pounds for the role, or something.  

Posted Image

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

Yea, I don't see what's the big deal about religious themed movies.  No one is forcing you to see them so why get so bent out of shape when they get made?  You could say the same about any "kind" of movie.

And if someone here said "I've deliberately avoided these plagues of African American pandering movies," I'm guessing that person very well might be banned.

• Like 3

And if someone here said "I've deliberately avoided these plagues of African American pandering movies," I'm guessing that person very well might be banned.

I made the same observation a few days ago, but used gay themed movies instead.  So yes, I agree with you.

• Like 1

Zoey Deutch

I'm not sure if the pictures you google of her will do her justice though.  You will literally have to see her in the film to see how beautiful she is.  I think she lost about 10 pounds for the role, or something.  

Posted Image

Yeah, she was legit gorgeous in the movie.   And the kind of girl who would be pretty without any makeup.

• Like 1

I was pretty impressed with Aronofsky's ability to handle a big budget. I was "with" the narrative, more or less, up until

the flood/Noah's mercy killing

. At that point, it became less of a moral parable and more generic Hollywood spectacle. Through that lens, I didn't feel like I was cheated out of my money or my beliefs...it was still fun to watch in IMAX. It's just Aronofsky's interpretation of the story, for better or worse.

What did you think of the performances?

No they wouldn't, even Ray Subers said the said thing last year.Holy fuck stop being so freaking sensitive.

Edited by Frozen Iceroll
  • Like 1

No they wouldn't, even Ray Subers said the said thing last year.Holy fuck stop being so freaking sensitive.

Who are you directing this towards?

Maybe it's just me but unless there's an overtly political theme to a film, I don't go into film and say well this scene clearly represents a rant on the GOP or Democrats.  I go to films to be entertained and told a good story, otherwise it would suck the joy out.

Edited by DAR
  • Like 4

I'm so happy Noah is making money. I'm less happy that Muppets will probably finish with half the gross of its predecessor. Maybe ABC should just greenlight a new Muppets Show before going back to another movie.

• Like 6

I'm so happy Noah is making money.I'm less happy that Muppets will probably finish with half the gross of its predecessor. Maybe ABC should just greenlight a new Muppets Show before going back to another movie.

I too am happy Noah is doing well.  I don't begrudge it success at all.  Just because it didn't appeal to me, doesn't mean I wish it to fail.  

• Like 3

Zoey Deutch

Posted Image

Not bad, but something about her mom I find more attractive. 

My favorite celebrity daughter who grew into a hottie is Susan Sarandon's daughter, Eva Amurri.