RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (3/28 - 3/30) Noah 44M Divergent 26.5

Lol only 5m for Sabotage. Can't even get to double digits

The true test will be if Arnold can win over audiences as Conan or the Terminator.If he can't it might be time to retire.Stallone already tried to bring back popular characters with limited success.

The Divergent number surprises me the most.  The film really plays long to sit through, and when it's done, you really aren't clamoring for the next one.  I might read the books to see if the conclusion is as awful as the terribly written, anti-war rant Mockingjay or the boring Breaking Dawn.  Heard there's a twist that everyone hates, so it might be fun...

I watched it on an Ultrascreen yesterday to give it a second chance and it's still just kinda blah.

Vampire Academy was more fun.

I liked Divergent and I'm looking forward to the next one.  I too enjoyed Vampire Academy.  Interesting though, why does Divergent succeed where so many fail?

Noah is going to have a 60% drop next week. WOM will be bad, it's bad now as of Sat morning. 

Not only in the face of Cap but cause it's a laughable adaption even allowing for some Hollywood liberties. 

They get so many simple things wrong it's a wonder how someone looks at the screenplay and oks it. 

Noah is going to have a 60% drop next week. WOM will be bad, it's bad now as of Sat morning. 

Not only in the face of Cap but cause it's a laughable adaption even allowing for some Hollywood liberties. 

They get so many simple things wrong it's a wonder how someone looks at the screenplay and oks it. 

See, you and I are on the same page, but we also seem to be in the minority.  It seems more people are liking it than hating it.

WOM is completely polarizing for Noah. Such a love/hate movie.

However...reading the reviews for Noah on IMDB have given me a slight headache. 99% of negative reviews there are Christians who hate how it's not a literal adaptation. Idiots that couldn't see what was right in front of them: A STORY OF THREE PAGES BEING ADAPTED INTO A TWO-HOUR PLUS FILM IS OBVIOUSLY GOING TO TAKE A LOT OF ARTISTIC LICENSE.

• Like 8

Relax...

There really are only two changes in Noah that should get anyone frustrated

The Rock Giant Demon things and the stowaway on the ark

Any other frustration with changes is stupid because the other changes fit in fine with both the story and source material, along with being completely normal changes that would fit in with the changes in classic epics (such as Ten Commandants)

They messed up this as well:

Noah's 3 sons

& their 3 wives were on the ark. Something so simple that was so utterly messed up JUST to create drama.OH, and homicidal Noah, that's worth being upset about as well.

• Like 3

WOM is completely polarizing for Noah. Such a love/hate movie.

However...reading the reviews for Noah on IMDB have given me a slight headache. 99% of negative reviews there are Christians who hate how it's not a literal adaptation. Idiots that couldn't see what was right in front of them: A STORY OF THREE PAGES BEING ADAPTED INTO A TWO-HOUR PLUS FILM IS OBVIOUSLY GOING TO TAKE A LOT OF ARTISTIC LICENSE.

Yes, you are right.  For there to be a 2.2 hour movie out of three pages, there has to be some creative discrepancies.

I just think it would have been better if the BASICS of the story were adhered to.  Then add a bunch of other stuff like the Ents and the human battle and so on.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 2

I want to see Noah. I've deliberately avoided these plagues of fundamentalist-pandering movies (God's Not Dead, Son of God) but with the conservative hate of Noah, maybe I could handle it.