RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (3/28 - 3/30) Noah 44M Divergent 26.5

The Christians will hate it for the most part, I can tell you that. I just hope there's enough interest outside of them to counterbalance that. The movie definitely deserves to be seen, and in theaters.

You are the first person to say that.  The audience hated it.  WOM is baaaad.  I doubt you'll find that counterbalance.  I am hoping for a steep drop in the 2nd weekend.  

My audience seemed all right with it. I heard no one complaining. I hope for a good drop next weekend. I am hoping Captain America under performances. 

I guess we had different experiences.  I hope Raid 2 overperforms.

From Deadline: http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/box-office-noah-rises-up-gods-not-dead-alive-and-well-as-schwarzenegger-falls-in-faith-based-weekend-budapest-hotel-checks-in-again-with-strong-per-screen-300-could-pass-100m/

1). Noah (PAR), 3,567 theaters / $14.7M to $15M Fri./ 3-day cume: $45M / Wk 1

2). Divergent (LGF), 3,936 theaters (0) / $8.2M to $8.4M Fri. / 3-day cume: $25.9M to $26.5M / Total cume: $95M / Wk 2

3). Muppets Most Wanted (DIS), 3,194 theaters (0) / $2.7M to $2.9M Fri. / 3-day cume: $10M to $10.9M / Total Cume: $31.5M to $32.7M / Wk 2

4). Mr. Peabody And Sherman (FOX), 3,299 theaters (-308) / $2.3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $10.4M+ / Total cume: $95.8M / Wk 4

5). The Grand Budapest Hotel (FSL), 977 theaters (+673) / $2.1M Fri. / 3-day cume: $8.2M / Per screen: $8,600 / Total cume: $23.7M to $24M / Wk 4

6). God’s Not Dead (FREE), 1,178 theaters (+362) / $2.2M Fri. / 3-day cume: $7.9M+ / Per screen: $6,768 / Total cume: $20.9M / Wk 2

7). Sabotage (OPRD), 2,486 theaters / $1M to $1.6M Fri. / 3-day cume: $5M / Wk 1

8). Need For Speed (DIS), 2,705 theaters (-410) / $1.16 Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.1M / Total cume: $37.6M / Wk 3

9). 300: Rise Of An Empire (WB), 2,601 theaters (-484) / $1.15M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.1M / Total cume: $100.9M / Wk 4

10). Non-Stop (UNI), 2,515 theaters (-430) / $1.15M Fri./ 3-day cume: $4M / Total cume: $85.1M / Wk 5

NOTEWORTHY: Ceasar Chavez (LGF), 664 theaters / $725K / 3-day cume: $2.5M / Per screen: $3,860/ Wk 1; Bad Words (FOCUS) 842 theaters (+755) / $677K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.29M / Per screen: $2,719 / Total cume: $3.2M

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

I also think Divergent could get way past 26M with an 8.4 Friday. It shouldn't be anywhere near as frontloaded as it was last weekend, and in fact should benefit from kids with a big increase on Saturday.

Edited by kitik
  • Like 1

Very good OD for Noah. I cant see less than 43m OW, enough to pass the 100m milestone even if it gets bad WOM. OS could make 400m. Heading to 500 WW on a 125m budget. Big hit.

I'm shocked about Divergent. Sub 55% drop is unusual for this kind of film. Maybe is acting like an average action film and not the hardcore fans driven film.

And good god, that's a fantastic hold for Peabody. Last weekend was 11.8m and this one can pass 10m. Barely decreased. Impressive.

Lol only 5m for Sabotage. Can't even get to double digits

Terrible numbers and the movie deserves better then that. It's not one of Arnold best, but it wasn't a bad movie either. Obviously Arnold carrying smallish movies isn't working. How Expendables 3 and Terminator Genesis do will be very important for him. If they do really well, then Legend of Conan could be green lighted. Or he could get secondary lead roles in big budget movies, like we seen with Harrison Ford in recent years. But one thing is clear, nobody wants to go to the theater in the US and pay to see Arnold in smallish 35-45 budget movies. Not with how many classic action movies he has under his resume. I think from now on, Arnold either needs to make BIG movies or nothing at all. Unless of course he just wants to do a quick movie while he's waiting for a big movie to happen and doesn't mind it going direct to VOD. Kinda like what he did last year with Maggie(made for 8-11 million).  But it's pointless for him to keep making B action movies like Last Stand or Sabotage. People aren't really seeing those movies with any actor and they clearly aren't with Arnold either.

Edited by gb0708

Decent hold for Divergent.Great start for Noah too. Although I'm not interested in it, I like some of the cast involved.Sabotage.... Can we stop letting these has-beens have their movies released in theaters?

Nope the next one comes out July,1st 2015 :D . My guess is Triplets ends up coming out in November/early December 2015 as well. That movie would feature not only one has-been in Arnold. But three in Arnold, Eddie Murphy and Danny DeVito.

Edited by gb0708