RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (3/28 - 3/30) Noah 44M Divergent 26.5

Sounds like another flop for Arnold. Terminator Genesis can't come soon enough. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that his small movies that nobody cares aren't making any money. Most actors outside of Liam Neeson struggle with these type of movies. Honestly I don't have much interest in seeing Noah. But there's tons and tons more hype/buzz for that movie then Sabotage. So I'm glad that Arnold next lead movie will have that type of hype/buzz around it. Hopefully that leads to more BIG movies for Arnold. Because I don't think he's ever going to have much success with these small movies.

• Like 1

My father edits for a Christian publishing company and I took him to Noah tonight. With the exception of two changes, he enjoyed the film greatly. I think it'll have good WOM among non-uber-conservative Christians. There was applause after my near sold-out showing.

That said, it's gonna have a huge second weekend drop thanks to Captain America 

• Like 2

No secret I want Noah to flop, but early show at my theater today (10:30) had a very good crowd, so I would think the opening will be strong. I'm not sure about the WOM, though. Heard some grumbling as people left...not about Bible things or environmentalism...just stuff like "that wasn't very good" and "it dragged."

You'd be a perfect anchor for Fox News.
  • Like 2

Just because it's based on a story in the Bible doesn't mean it is exempt from being adapted into a movie. You're still translating one medium to another. It needs to fit the medium you want it on. The Bible lends itself to a film medium with all the epic shit that happens, but you still can't just copy and paste. If you did, there would prolly be a lot of NC-17 Bible movies. Which Christians wouldn't like because it's got sex and shit. Ugh. I hate saying this about a religion I'm part of, but it's true.

• Like 2

There really are only two changes in Noah that should get anyone frustrated

The Rock Giant Demon things and the stowaway on the ark

Any other frustration with changes is stupid because the other changes fit in fine with both the story and source material, along with being completely normal changes that would fit in with the changes in classic epics (such as Ten Commandants)

The idea that someone could summarize how Christians would respond to a particular movie is ridiculous. You'd have better luck guessing on evangelicals or fundamentalist Christians. As already posted, this line is getting offensive. I'm a Christian and have enjoyed about every movie that some posters assume Christians would shun.

• Like 3

I know I've mentioned this in the NOAH thread, but the Noah story isn't exclusive to the Bible.

This is true. Almost all religions have a big flood story line. But they are obviously adapting the biblical version. 

Edited by ban1o

I have now reached the top 25 of my top 250 list.  I have decided to do something somewhat interesting where before I list my personal top 10 people can post their predictions of the 10 movies they'll think they are.  For the person who gets the most right in the closest order I will like 10 random posts of theirs.

I thought up the idea, and it sounded like something that could be amusing, especially since I've been at that list for a while and a good number of people have been kind enough to follow it.

• Like 1

That's a crazy return on investment, 10,800% from the opening day alone!  Should have bought some stocks, cause now I'd be:

Posted Image

lol…Nikki messing up her k's and m's again I see.  No I didn't mean a milo of come you idiot!

Edited by FTF
  • Like 1