baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

Posted Image

Spider-Man is going to cost me a lot of points, thanks to both the SOTM and the weekly questions!

When baumer posts the standings this week, I'll probably be down in 45th place or some crap like that.

• Like 1

My mind games are working. Kitik is probably questioning his legitimacy and credibility as champion, which in turn is affecting his performance. Don't be surprised to see him forfeit the game at halftime. The mind can only take so much.

• Like 6

I'm pretty certain that And So It Goes/Snowpiercer aren't going wide, so I was sure to put those high on my list.Also, Clarius is releasing Oz on 2.8k theaters, but marketing has still been dismal.

That's another reason I put both of Clarius's releases on my 5 lowest list. New distributors movies tend to flop. Remember CBS?

Also fuck I'm so screwed this weekend. That's what happens when you're out of the loop and do everything in a day. I'll be happy if I come out with a positive score at this point.Lots of summer left though, plenty of time to catch up up everyone.

• Like 1

A player that has got me a bit worried is actually Olive. Dude seems to be sitting on information the rest of us are not privy to. I mean, he's always the first one posting numbers, right? Think about it. Besides, I'm a believer in the adage that the strong move quiet. While the rest of us are making a lot of noise and splashes in the water, Olive seems to be moving with the calm and determination of a Great white. That being said, have you ever heard of a Great white attacking a stingray? No, because stingrays are animals not to f**k with. It'd do you good to keep that in mind, Olive...

• Like 8

A player that has got me a bit worried is actually Olive. Dude seems to be sitting on information the rest of us are not privy to. I mean, he's always the first one posting numbers, right? Think about it. Besides, I'm a believer in the adage that the strong move quiet. While the rest of us are making a lot of noise and splashes in the water, Olive seems to be moving with the calm and determination of a Great white. That being said, have you ever heard of a Great white attacking a stingray? No, because stingrays are animals not to f**k with. It'd do you good to keep that in mind, Olive...

If this was BEAG (Baumer's East Asia Game) there would literally be zero point in anybody else playing if Olive joined. Is nearly always spot on the money with predictions,

Looks like TASM2 just had a 208M Weekend.Fuck.

Fuck, im bad with figuring out worldwide and international weekends, I just don't follow international box office trends enough, plus it had a weird release schedule.  However my domestic predict will end up fairly accurate, I just vastly underrated how well it'd do in Asia.

Edited by The Panda

Think I'll end up on around 40k with SOTM, Week 1 and my pregame 10k superslueth bonus.That doesn't seem too bad. (Not until I think that some cock out there will be on close to double that I expect :( )

So if I get Q4 wrong on SOTM1, I have got everything single on wrong.

I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE ABSTAINED

But at least my end total for TASM2 looks good at the moment [235M] :)

Edited by MeanGirlsFilms

Did OK this weekend, think i'm heading for 17 to 20 out of 30. Got 1 of the 5 positions correct and think I have a good chance of winning bonus 1 [actually only if it increases by about 600k with actuals :lol: which it wont knowing my luck  :( ]

Edited by MeanGirlsFilms
  • Like 1

So my first week ever in BSG has been a bit shaky but I consider it a valuable learning experience about being too gung-ho in betting a certain way on a film with radically variable potential.

• Like 2

Just lost a gazilion of points. So I would say things are looking normal. Completely forget to put Snowpierce as lowest grossing of the Summer because I was still thinking on it as a truly wide movie.

• Like 1

So, out of curiosity, I took a look at people's predictions for the 5 lowest grossing films of the summer.

I tried going through baumer's list of preseason predictions thread, though I may have missed one.

Anyways, here's what I got:

Fluffy Movie - 53

Legends Of Oz - 46

Moms Night Out - 40

And So It Goes - 35

The Rover - 29

Snowpiercer - 22

Earth To Echo - 14

As Above So Below - 11

Step Up All In - 11

The Hundred Foot Journey - 9

Million Dollar Arm - 3

The Purge Anarchy - 2

Into The Storm - 2

The Giver - 2

Jersey Boys - 2

Lets Be Cops - 1

Some interesting choices there. I think I might be just about the only person who didn't vote for at least one of The Fluffy Movie or Legends Of Oz. I was thinking Oz might get some decent business, since it's the only animated movie in May and has a recognizable name, at least enough to get it up towards 40-50. As for The Fluffy Movie, well, we'll see, I may regret that.

I probably should have voted for Step Up All In. You'd think that's a lock to make in the 25-30 range. I predicted a bunch of other movies to make less, but you know darn well some will break out and pass Step Up All In. I think that was an error on my part.

Props to the people who voted for Million Dollar Arm, Into The Storm, and Jersey Boys. All 3 have zero buzz, and even a big special effects movie like Into The Storm could easily get swallowed up by all the other bigger action movies opening around it. (All 3 probably would have been in my bottom 6-10 positions.)

I think the people who voted for As Above So Below got it wrong. That trailer should attract horror fans.

I'm honestly shocked I'm the only one who voted for Let's Be Cops in the bottom 5. The director has a pretty bad track record, it has zero star power, and only has 2 weeks in the game to gross. Seems like an obvious contender. I'm also one of the 2 for Into the Storm. I agree about As Above, So Below. That trailer looks way too enticing to horror fans for it to bomb too bad.

Edited by MovieMan89