baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

• Founder / Operator

Forums time is 1 hour behind PST

Forum time is Pacific Time. :)

When I was playing the game, this was always the easiest way for me to remember deadlines (since forum time can be changed, but PST/PDT cannot).

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

Forum time is Pacific Time. :)

When I was playing the game, this was always the easiest way for me to remember deadlines (since forum time can be changed, but PST/PDT cannot).

I thought forum time was 2 hours behind EST?

Nah, it's a time zone-specific setting on the back-end. It can only be Pacific, Central, Eastern, etc.

I'm confused.

The only times I see are the timestamp on the posts which shows in my time (MDT) because of my timezone settings.

• Like 1

So, uh, how many points would one lose if they had forgotten to answer both of the SOTMs? Hypothetically, of course.  :ph34r: I didn't see it specified.

Also noon on Saturday morning is kind of a random time for questions to be due. I know it's completely my fault for not double-checking, but it'd be cool if we kept the deadlines at midnight Pacific time when possible.

• Founder / Operator

I'm confused.

The only times I see are the timestamp on the posts which shows in my time (MDT) because of my timezone settings.

Yes, that's as it should be since you set your account to display times based on your zone. That's why there is essentially no "forum time", but what Baumer means by that is Pacific Time because that's what the server's time zone is set to by default.

In other words, if you were to make an entirely new account and didn't change your personal time zone settings in it, all of the times you would see across the forums would be shown in Pacific.

Edited by ShawnMR

So, uh, how many points would one lose if they had forgotten to answer both of the SOTMs? Hypothetically, of course.  :ph34r: I didn't see it specified.

Also noon on Saturday morning is kind of a random time for questions to be due. I know it's completely my fault for not double-checking, but it'd be cool if we kept the deadlines at midnight Pacific time when possible.

It was done that way specifically so that we could get Friday's numbers.  And both of them have been up for a week.

SOTM always have different deadlines.

• Like 1

Forum time is an imaginary thing that should never be mentioned again. This forum allows people to set the time to their own timezones.

Yeah, mine was set to mid-atlantic time zone (basically no country uses this) and I don't even know when I did that.

I get the feeling this one isn't far of being answered either now.....

Bonus Question of all Bonus Questions:

This is a four parter:

1) Will ASM2 make at least 260 million domestically?
2) Will ASM2 make more than 600 million internationally?
3) Will ASM2 do at least 10 million for midnights (including Thurs)?
4)) Will ASM2 make at least 900 million WW?

Scoring: All questions you answer correctly are worth 7000 points. You can go for as many as you like.

Here is the catch: Every answer you call incorrectly you lose 10,000 points.

There are no points for abstaining, with one caveat down below. ***

Even more bonus and more treachery:

If you go 4/4 you get a 28,000 point bonus. So this means you will get a total of 56,000 points for this question (7000X4 plus 28,000 point bonus)

However, if you go for all 4 you must get all four correct. If you get even one incorrect, you will lose 15,000 points. So what this means is, if you go for all four and even if you get 3/4 correct, not only will you NOT get the 11,000 but you will lose a full 15,000 points.

This question is worth a lot of points for those ballsy enough to go for all 4, but it will kick your ass if you get too cocky. PLEASE READ THIS ONE CAREFULLY AND UNDERSTAND IT FULLY. IF YOU DO NOT, THEN ASK ME. ONCE THE GAME STARTS, CLAIMING YOU DIDN'T READ IT RIGHT WILL NOT BE AN EXCUSE.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOU GO FOR ALL FOUR QUESTIONS, YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST GET ALL FOUR RIGHT IN ORDER TO GET POINTS.

Remember, you don't have to answer any of them. Or you can answer as little as you want. It's totally up to you.

You can choose to go for as many or as little as you want.

***CAVEAT***

If you choose to abstain from all 4, you will get 5000 for doing so.
You must tell me if you are abstaining.

Answers:

1 - Outside of a magical re-release... it's locked to finish below 260m... so - NO

2 - most have this winding up just north 500m.... there is very little talk of reaching 600m at this point so NO also..

3 - NO :P

4 - if 2 and 1 are gone then this is a NO also.

if you went for 4 x NO's you'll be sitting pretty at the moment on this one :)

(take a guess what i did ;) )

Edited by Jajang and Back Again
  • Like 1