Shawn Robbins

CA2: $10.2m Thursday Night (beats Thor2's $7.1m) | $100m+ coming?

There are runs and streaks occasionally. But even here, the fact that you're using a Bond film as evidence of some sort of variety is kinda funny. :) Even more telling is despite the big successes of many mid-budget, adult-oriented movies, studios refuse to actually make them, and rely on the occasional outside producer to do it.

However there is far less certainity if an adult oriented film will be a hit for a studio.

(In bold): That's often because studios greenlight films that shouldn't be greenlit, and/or they don't allow for as much creative control as they should. Original movies don't bomb inherently, just as franchise movies don't succeed inherently.

Movies are a business, so franchises are naturally part of that. But they don't have to be the driving force. Hollywood survived for decades without the over-reliance it now has on them.

I'm not sure how obvious is but I see Hollywood and Vegas as having the same evolution.

Vegas used to be controlled by volatile forces who took part in risky behavior, now it's practically a family theme park controlled tightly by major corporations.

Hollywood now also plays it safe and is very corporate. There's too much money involved for them not to be corporate.

• Like 5

People who have seen this movie, can you really compare this to TDK?

Critically, it's not even close.

No not in TDK league. No superhero movie is in that league imo anyway. That said though out of the marvels films its second only to Avengers.

Posted Image

That surprised you and you know it... GEEZER!

I can't believe that was nearly 6 years ago. God, now I feel like a geezer.

one of the most WTF scenes in recent memory for me. Was not expecting it at all. Still recall the holy shit gasps in the viewing

Of the Marvel Cinematic Universe:1. The Avengers

2. Iron Man

3. Captain America The Winter Soldier

---------------------------------------------------

4. Thor

5. Captain America The First Avenger

6. Iron Man 2

--------------------------------------------------

7. Iron Man 3

8. Thor The Dark World

It has a tighter, less wasteful third act than TDK.

Everyone here is just hyping this up for me. Everytime I get hyped up by these forums I come out of the movie saying "it was ok".Skyfall was the most overrated movie on this forum.

Everyone here is just hyping this up for me. Everytime I get hyped up by these forums I come out of the movie saying "it was ok".Skyfall was the most overrated movie on this forum.

As discussed earlier in this thread, I actually like how this forum was one of the contrarians for American Hustle. Critics seemed to be going crazy for it, but somehow almost no one in this forum came back saying anything more than "It was fine.. i guess"

As discussed earlier in this thread, I actually like how this forum was one of the contrarians for American Hustle. Critics seemed to be going crazy for it, but somehow almost no one in this forum came back saying anything more than "It was fine.. i guess"

I quickly found myself in the infinitely tiny minority here who thinks American Hustle > Wolf of Wall Street