Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Shouldn't they know that then?

They never learn :lol:

Plus all they can do is extrapolate from the data they have, and the last thing they want to do is go way over. Better for the number to go up than go down

• Like 1

It is, it'll go up. The numbers kept going up for TA, IM3, even TDW (early on in the weekend there was talk of it opening lower than Thor 1)

It's a trend at this point

IM3 started at 55M and ended up at 62. TDW started at 28M and ended up at 31. So Cap2 will end at 40 I guess based on 35 being the initial number. Every single one was 10-15% underestimated by Nikki.

Another one was Catching Fire which she said was going for a 63M OD before it ended at 70. The meltdowns on Friday afternoon were amazing.

Edited by grim22

They never learn :lol:

Plus all they can do is extrapolate from the data they have, and the last thing they want to do is go way over. Better for the number to go up than go down

I guess, but if there's historical precident... Anyway, just always is strange. I'd understand for a movie like Noah or Divergent where you don't know how it will perform during the weekend, but these Marvel movies tend to follow the same pattern.

IM3 started at 55M and ended up at 62. TDW started at 28M and ended up at 31. So Cap2 will end at 40 I guess based on 35 being the initial number. Every single one was 10-15% underestimated by Nikki.

Another one was Catching Fire which she said was going for a 63M OD before it ended at 70. The meltdowns on Friday afternoon were amazing.

I remember TA started really low and god Rth swept in with the 80M number

• Like 2

Don't forget, when New Moon came out, Nikki said it was going to hit 80 mill OD too.  So she is all over the map.  She just makes shit up.

• Like 3

third act ark soap opera was my favorite bit. i'm just kidding around with that percy jackson line, i actually kinda loved the movie.

That's funny since the ark-set stuff was really the only thing I disliked. The epilogue was very good and partially atoned.