Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Merchandise. Even though it isn't as popular at the box office as it used to be, I would bet Spidey is still a huge toy seller with kids.

Sony sold the Spidey merchandise rights back to Marvel in exchange for 100% returns on the films, though

And I have literally zero idea how that made sense for them :lol:

• Like 5

Merchandise. Even though it isn't as popular at the box office as it used to be, I would bet Spidey is still a huge toy seller with kids.

Sure, ok.  So let's say they make 10% off every toy they sell.  They would basically need to sell at least an additional billion dollars in toys and such just to make that 400 mill number worth it.

• Like 1

Sony sold the Spidey merchandise rights back to Marvel in exchange for 100% returns on the films, though

Okay, so there we go.  Cross merchandising off the list.

Bueller...Bueller....

• Like 4

Just got back from seeing Cap 2 a second time ... crowd was only about 25% full, which is slightly lower than usual for a 2D Marvel showing on Saturday here.

Again, really liked it ... I still think it's the best from Marvel ... or at the very least comparable to The Avengers & Iron Man.

I was able to catch more of the little easter eggs scattered throughout the film this time.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

And Sony wonders why they had so many flops in 2013.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Just got back from seeing Cap 2 a second time ... crowd was only about 25% full, which is slightly lower than usual for a 2D Marvel showing on Saturday here.

Do you work there, or see every Marvel movie in 2D on Saturday afternoon?

Reading up on this thread, and it looks like it was a good thing I went to bed early. Didn't get spoiled by Tele :)

Were things actually spoiled? If it was the title immediately before Ed and his Oreos then i guess i missed it

Do you work there, or see every Marvel movie in 2D on Saturday afternoon?

I usually see Marvel or DC films at the preview showing ... and then again Saturday afternoons because it's easiest for me.  Saw Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, TDKR, Man of Steel on Saturdays as well.  Seemed a little light this time, BUT, it's a gorgeous day outside today (after having crap weather recently, so that could be part of the issue) ... and I live in South Dakota, so I wouldn't use ANYTHING from my experience to extrapolate the country. :lol:

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

If Sony is spending north of 400 million dollars on ASM2, then this proves we, all of us, don't know as much as we think we know about box office.  I realize they make money from the box office, HV, TV, cable, digital downloads and then all the ancillary stuff, but other than that, I have no clue how it makes any sense to spend 400 million bucks on ASM2.  Where is the ROI on an investment that big?

Anyone?  Anyone?

Read the Deadline report on their Blockbuster Bracket. Interesting numbers all around.

Catching up on 25ish pages of this thread was a chore.

And all of that just to learn that Tele's being a Tele, ED's being stuffed up more than a Thanksgiving Turkey, and MGS continues to make bad TV appreciation decisions

Whoa. Numbers changed his name :o