Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

Saw it a couple days ago. Holy shit guys. It's great. A+. I'm surprised how much I liked it. I was kinda worried about some of the slow middle parts of the book transitioning to the big screen, but Ridley Scott did an excellent job making these scenes flow together. I really enjoyed the audio book, but felt some parts dragged during the middle section when

Watney got back from his long distance trip from Pathfinder(1997).

There was NONE of that in the movie. These scenes flowed together nicely. Matt Damon was the best part of the movie. Watney seemed like a smug cocky-asshole in the book, there was still some of that in the movie, but Matt Damon has such a natural likability about him that appears on the big screen. He pulled off the character perfectly. The combination of special effects/character drama elevated this movie. The CGI made you feel like Damon was on the barren wasteland of Mars, and made you care for his character being isolated from civilization for so long. Compared to other recent Sci Fi movies, I liked it a bit more than Interstellar, and on the same level of Gravity. Go see it.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 8

Another month to wait in France, long, too long
The movie looks amazing, go Ridley.

It's so beautiful.
hgE4aw8.jpg

I dig these ones.

Posted Image

12 more days... damnit

• Like 2

Saw it a couple days ago. Holy shit guys. It's great. A+. I'm surprised how much I liked it. I was kinda worried about some of the slow middle parts of the book transitioning to the big screen, but Ridley Scott did an excellent job making these scenes flow together. I really enjoyed the audio book, but felt some parts dragged during the middle section when

Watney got back from his long distance trip from Pathfinder(1997).

There was NONE of that in the movie. These scenes flowed together nicely. Matt Damon was the best part of the movie. Watney seemed like a smug cocky-asshole in the book, there was still some of that in the movie, but Matt Damon has such a natural likability about him that appears on the big screen. He pulled off the character perfectly. The combination of special effects/character drama elevated this movie. The CGI made you feel like Damon was on the barren wasteland of Mars, and made you care for his character being isolated from civilization for so long. Compared to other recent Sci Fi movies, I liked it a bit more than Interstellar, and on the same level of Gravity. Go see it.

How was Jessica IWASROBBEDOFTWOOSCARS Chastain though?

raw022D.gif

• Like 1