Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

I actually haven't watched Gravity on a TV yet, but I think its pretty clear the 'backlash' to it is the result of it being another one of those empty "experience" movies meant to be seen in a theater and nowhere else. The movie did get too schmaltzy at times too. woof woof

yeah, you're right, audiences really missed the billions of subplots, convoluted storylines and redundant sequences that we usually get in most today's blockbusters.

The truth is that every successful movie is bound to have a loud minority hating on it.

they can all go sit in the corner.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 3

I don't necessarily think there's a backlash for Gravity, I just think some people genuinely don't like it. Understandable, even the most popular films have their detractors.

I'm looking forward to The Martian regardless.

Edited by FancyArcher
  • Like 3

yeah, you're right, audiences really missed the billions of subplots, convoluted storylines and redundant sequences that we usually get in most today's blockbusters.

The truth is that every successful movie is bound to have a loud minority hating on it.

they can all go sit in the corner.

I don't really mind gravity for what it is. I just chuckle when people call a 90 minute sequence a masterpiece because zomg vfx/tracking shots.

Gravity is impressive for about 5 minutes then you realize that the entire film is gonna be the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... Again

• Like 1

:kitschjob: Have you lost your mind?

I have heard TITANIC called a masterpiece, AVENGERS, INTERSTELLAR and a bunch of other recent movies that weren't very good (in my opinion) but were popular. People are entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong they are :)

For the record, I also think it's ludicrous to suggest that there was some sort of "backlash" upon the movie's release. There was no controversy. Just some people who didn't enjoy the film, felt they should speak up more because it was getting insanely good press.

Edited by Hungry Hanging Scorch Tree
  • Like 1

For the record, I also think it's ludicrous to suggest that there was some sort of "backlash" upon the movie's release. There was no controversy. Just some people who didn't enjoy the film, felt they should speak up more because it was getting insanely good press.

Yeah. I've been spending every waking moment for the past three months convincing people that Jurassic World is the worst thing ever.

• Like 1

Yeah. I've been spending every waking moment for the past three months convincing people that Jurassic World is the worst thing ever.

:P

You know what I mean.

When a film is universally praised, its denouncers can seem a little louder, that's all.

Knocking a film for not being the same experience at home as it is in the theater seems inane. It's designed to take full effect of the format it was presented in. Many films don't do that, but nothing is going to be the same when you're seeing it on your TV or tablet or phone.

• Like 5