Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

Just like I predicted, the NASA announcement is just more water on Mars. This time they're saying it's the kind of Water thats "essential for life".

In my opinion that little robot's gonna fuck around and piss off some Spacemen, thus causing the apocalypse.

Also, how do NASA know that aliens need water?

I just watched this movie. Now THAT is how you make a blockbuster. So much fun, people are gonna love it.

Excellent movie!!! Can't remember the last time I saw a blockbuster of this length that breezed by so quickly. Absolutely loved it.

The movie is super-nerdy and yet you can tell it will click with the GA. It's upbeat and fun, and is really funny - the audience roared with laughter over and over again, moreso than I experienced in any actual comedy film in the past year. Soundtrack is great and works its way into why you care about the characters, which is a really neat move by Ridley. The visuals are wonderful (even the 3D was tolerable) and you're really rooting for Watney and for NASA/CNSA. By the end you feel proud and you just want to cheer everyone on. Matt Damon is great, most of the supporting cast is good too, especially Daniels.

Had no issues with Chastain.

It's very good. Light and funnier than anything Scott has directed before. Retains the humour of the book, actually revels in it.

Clearly made for everybody, so those who want all the science of the novel, measure your expectations as this is for joe public as much as you. But it's a lot of fun. As someone has already said, audiences are going to love it. Big, big hit Fox have on their hands here.

Visually it's gorgeous, like all of Ridley's films. Definitely worth the price in 3D too.

Ok the hype is too much ! And it does't released until Oct. 21st here !  How am I supposed to wait that long ? This is my most anticipated movie of the Fall (well except SW7 but that's more winter than Fall).

Just like I predicted, the NASA announcement is just more water on Mars. This time they're saying it's the kind of Water thats "essential for life".

In my opinion that little robot's gonna fuck around and piss off some Spacemen, thus causing the apocalypse.

Also, how do NASA know that aliens need water?

Well water contains 2 essential building blocks for life. Also, water evaporating creates an atmosphere so life can be sustainable. 

Edited by Bishop54

Well water contains 2 essential building blocks for life. Also, water evaporating creates a atmosphere so life can be sustainable.

How do we know that the aliens need those building blocks and that atmostohere?

They might not have to breathe, sleep, or eat. They might even have no need to go through evolution. Their definition of life could be far more different than our own.

Yea, I'm pretty sure that flowing water being discovered on another planet, which gives salient evidence of an environment potentially conductive for life, is a WAY bigger deal than you're making it out to be. That's a legitimately huge discovery. Unless you expected them to have discovered actually aliens, I don't see how you can dismiss this with "eh."

• Like 2

Yea, I'm pretty sure that flowing water being discovered on another planet, which gives salient evidence of an environment potentially conductive for life, is a WAY bigger deal than you're making it out to be. That's a legitimately huge discovery. Unless you expected them to have discovered actually aliens, I don't see how you can dismiss this with "eh."

It's nothing to jizz your pants over, I thought they announced water on mars ages ago

• Like 1

This is flowing, liquid water, not fossilized evidence of water that existed in the past. This is actual real water flowing on the surface of another planet, and the existence of flowing water gives indications about the potential for a life-sustaining environment. 

• Like 4

The aliens could live off the sand and shit. The water could be part of a giant intergalactic toilet that takes alien pee and sends it to Mars for disposal.

• Like 2