Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

If they make many book adaptations whether its sci fi or fantasy or crime thriller with a woman in lead and garners GA interest, she can be in one of those.

Posted Image

:rofl: guess what I'm just reading... as in book 2 in the original language

:wub: Nimitz ('ki-jaj' :ph34r: )

• Like 1

But Idris Elba as Merlin? Fuck yes!

Merlin would be great but it says "Merlin-eqsue" which kind of sucks. 

King Arthur adaptions I like: Boorman's Excalibur, the musical Camelot  and Disney's Sword & The Stone - all with some faults but all enjoyable.  Guy Richie directing though does nothing to convince me that these will be as good let alone better.

Every 10-15 years, Hollywood figures "people still dig King Arthur, right? Let's do another one." No, no one cares about King ArthurW

Wrong.  Granted, King Arthur may not be the most popular thing with the hipster crowd, but this movie will do just fine at the box office.

• Like 1

Excalibur wasn't a good movie.  It was a GREAT movie, a masterpiece; probably should have been nominated for Best Picture.

I've been on a King Arthur binge lately, I've watched First Knight, King Arthur, Merlin, and Excalibur.  Didn't really like Excalibur, nothing special about it at all( though it still might be the best movie/show about the arthurian legend).  I liked 4 things about it, the cinematography, the theme song used, Morgana, and Merlin.  That's it. Super overrated. 

What, were they afraid people would confuse it with the 2004 movie?

Does this mean the sequels will be about the other knights and not nessecarily about Arthur?

So eventually, will we get Knights of the Roundtable: Brave Sir Robin? :PBut seriously, I think this is so they can have some kind of "franchise" banner. I don't know why "King Arthur" wouldn't have worked for that, but I'm not earning a six-figure salary to come up with ludicrous titles like Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice or Jungle Book: Origins, so what do I know... Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1