Dementeleus

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

LEGEND OF THE SWORD??!

Oh man. :lol: 

After Tarzan's performance, I think this movie can be a real wildcard. The Tarzan box office run is just downright baffling, there is literally no online hype for it, the promos were a mixed bag and it didn't have great presales but it is turning into a really leggy movie.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

After Tarzan's performance, I think this movie can be a real wildcard. The Tarzan box office run is just downright baffling, there is literally no online hype for it, the promos were a mixed bag and it didn't have great presales but it is turning into a really leggy movie.

Which begs the question...

Charlie Hunnam...how awesome are your abs?  Let's be real...it ain't the legs.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

maybe it is making some people nostalgic of the Disney film even though it is not a remake of it

26 minutes ago, John Marston said:

maybe it is making some people nostalgic of the Disney film even though it is not a remake of it

Maybe,. Honestly though, I think it's just new (well compared to the sequels this summer) and really, I thought a decent adventurer.  It's RT score underserved it...it's a solid Saturday matinee.  People got to watch something, and this scratched that itch without being awful.  Seriously, it's not awful.

Edited by kowhite

On 1/27/2014 at 3:08 PM, Telemachos said:

http://www.slashfilm.com/guy-ritchie-circling-six-film-king-arthur-franchise-for-warner-bros/

Six film King Arthur series? YES PLEASE.

Guy Ritchie? FUCK NO.

:rant:

Predicts?

sigh....

Didn't know this was coming but I'm always going to look forward to a King Arthur film.

I don't really know Guy Ritchie, but your response isn't encouraging.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, grim22 said:

People follow books, as well as movies.

Gosh, it seems this will be another movie I'll have to defend for a whole year before it proves to be a decent flick after it's release. Just like Tarzan. YEEPEE... Seriously, after most of you moan and bitch bout the lack of original movie, I'd expect you wouldn't bash such a movie straight away. Yeah, it is based on a legend, but still. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, James said:

Gosh, it seems this will be another movie I'll have to defend for a whole year before it proves to be a decent flick after it's release. Just like Tarzan. YEEPEE... Seriously, after most of you moan and bitch bout the lack of original movie, I'd expect you wouldn't bash such a movie straight away. Yeah, it is based on a legend, but still. 

Original movie?  Like Tarzan is original though its like the 50th Tarzan movie made?  :lol:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, kowhite said:

Maybe,. Honestly though, I think it's just new (well compared to the sequels this summer) and really, I thought a decent adventurer.  It's RT score underserved it...it's a solid Saturday matinee.  People got to watch something, and this scratched that itch without being awful.  Seriously, it's not awful.

In retrospect it was also a mainstream adult skewing adventure in a current marketplace filled with family, horror & comedy movies.  The only other movie in the last month plus to serve that audience was ID2 and well.....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, James said:

I love me some King Arthur, so I'm hoping this will rock.

But no matter how good I might find it I still don't think it will make much money, Tarzan should be best case scenario for it.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

In defense of James, movies made before 2000 don't exist. :lol: 

35 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

:lol:  Sure, but even in James-land that Clive Owen, Kiera Knightly King Arthur came out in 2004.

But it doesn't matter if there were other movies before. It's like saying no WW2 movie is original because there were others before it. It's absurd. Disney's 2004 adaptation will be nothing like this probably. 

Edited by James
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

In defense of James, movies made before 2000 don't exist. :lol: 

The Shay remembers watching movies as early as the memorable 1977 AD (at the age of two), so that actually is where the Movie Horizon lies. After Star Wars / and the dark pagan eons before it.

Edited by shayhiri