grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

Unrelated to the film but so many members of my block list have seemingly congregated inside this particular thread that the entire topic is just unreadable. 

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 7

Plenty of Disney/Pixar movies have tackled "mature themes" and have been embraced by audiences of all ages, to name just one example. The notion that this wouldn't seems incredibly silly when the movie itself hasn't officially been seen yet and we have nothing to go on but the way they are marketing it (which, yes, has not entirely but has on some level certainly been geared a lot towards families, given the targeted product launches and the movies the trailers are being attached with).

they can't understand is not that deep and just a comedy?. If i don't remember wrong from what we see in the clip in that map europe doesn't exist. I don't think it was made with anything political on mind.  

Edited by vale9001

Notice how that one quote "overwhelmed with [many ideas]" is trotted around here like gospel even though it's just 1 incomplete review that is positive in the full quote. Like, what are they going to say when we get obligatory "best movie eva" hyperbole from influencers and carefully selected pro-Barbie audience on July 9 embargo lift? 

this is the controvesial map. Clearly it's something made without any political intention but just for fun.

Also probably it was designed by the McKinnon character that is like crazy and "dumb".

Imagine being mad and to ban a movie for this, when clearly all the map of the world just makes no sense (it's not like a serious and perfect map where vietnam is the only country deleted).

I hope it's a fake news 😅

Immagine789.png

Edited by vale9001

South China Sea is a territorial conflict. Any film appeasing Chinese Censor (CFA) to get release in China is taken as CCP Propaganda so film get blocked/banned in South East Asia.

I wish they could have sent a different version to South East Asian Censors.

Edited by Issac Newton

29 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

South China Sea is a territorial conflict. Any film appeasing Chinese Censor (CFA) to get release in China is taken as CCP Propaganda so film get blocked/banned in South East Asia.

I wish they could have sent a different version to South East Asian Censors.

It's a fake map. Europe doesn't even exists there.

I Hope it's something different at this point, in another scene where there is a specific reference,  cause banning a movie if It's for the frame i have posted would be the most stupid thing i ever heard 😭

Edited by vale9001

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

It's a fake map. Europe doesn't even exists there.

I Hope it's something different at this point, in another scene where there is a specific reference,  cause banning a movie if It's for the frame i have posted would be the most stupid thing i ever heard 😭

Yeah, but either way would have been banned in China because of Simu Liu being blacklisted by Censors. I get that now that they added South China Sea to get a way into China. 

Well, They could sent a different version to South East Asia to avoid ban (wouldn't have cost much)

38 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

This is as stupid as ATSV being banned in UAE. It's not even a real map, unlike that scene which got Abominable banned in Vietnam, Philippines, and Malaysia. 

Philippines Current Government is installed by CCP so they might reconsider but this is territorial dispute so can't confirm either.