grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

Best post I've read in a long time. As someone who despises MCU/DC, I found both Barbie trailers painfully unfunny. That lame ass FLAT FEET! "joke" that takes up 1/3 of the trailer is particularly offensive. 

I don't think it was any worse than the humor in the MCU

If anything, I actually thought it was better since barbie having flat fleet actually plays into the main plot of the film unlike some of the random and pointless jokes in many of the MCU/DC films

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MotionPictured said:

No one is being mistreated or bullied like wtf.

I said some people are overly defensive when people discuss the movie getting a poor reception. It is a possibility. Nobody here is rooting for it to fail. Jeff Sneider or Wells or whoever is not some hateful loser because he heard mixed things about Barbie? Maybe they DID hear mixed things about Barbie? For the record Ruimy seems to love Margot Robbie and has always been supportive of her. He clearly rooted for Babylon and was disappointed it didn't do well. Acting like he wants Barbie to fail is weird.

He literally is lol

I also know Ruimy personally and he's a terrible person

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Record should be wonder woman right?

Also the record for a comedy?

Wonder Woman is the record for sole female director. If including co-directors, then the record is Captain Marvel with $153 million OW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobzaruni said:

Comedy is $182.7M Incredibles 2, 132.4M Deadpool 2 (Live-action only)

well Animated is another category. Deadpool definitely is. Of course also a super hero movie, but Barbie is a well know ip too. 

Edited by vale9001

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

if, and I say IF, the entire movie is like the clips they shown at the kelly clarkson show, it's gonna be unbearable. margot robbie has the same delivery in every movie i swear.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

"An assault  on not just Ken..  "

20230709-112605.jpg

I'm outraged I can't believe that a movie called Barbie is treating Ken as if he is nothing more than an accessory for a toy that was primarily aimed at appealing to little girls lol

Edited by roxas11

Ken i don't even think is secondary. Basically is in every main poster and promotional thing.

And promotion a part if you Watch not only main trailer selling Dumb Ken but every spots It's clear something It's happening to Ken and he's like the key character on some major twist in the plot. 

And even has a Song in the soundtrack, Barbie hasn't.

Ken was never equal to Barbie in the toyline. Everyone knows that. That's the whole point of the joke. However in Barbie movie, they are equal leads and he steals the movie from her and is now getting a spin-off. What more does Piers want? :wtf:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1