grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

20 minutes ago, babz06 said:

What trailers do we think are playing in front of Barbie? It looks like the biggest film of the summer so I’m surprised WB hasn’t released an Aquaman 2 teaser to attach to it. 

could be.

Also a good idea to attract some man more 🤣

warner side also color purple and wonka cause more female driven too. And then well Dune?

warner really has a strong second half of the year. 

Edited by vale9001

23 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

could be.

Also a good idea to attract some man more 🤣

warner side also color purple and wonka cause more female driven too. And then well Dune?

warner really has a strong second half of the year. 

The first Aquaman was female-driven like Wonder Woman at the box office tho.

3 more extra showings have been added at my local cinema on Friday. 

It’s definitely busier in the evenings and late night. Which makes me think it won’t have a huge Saturday bump in the first weekend at least. Or it could just be playing 4 quadrant. 

7 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Any idea what the maximum OW might be for Barbie considering the presales? Are we looking at some record-breaking grosses here and there?👩🏻‍💼

hard to put a finger on a maximum because the pace is so strong, I think 150 is looking like a strong possibility and more can happen (my personal prediction is 22*7,5 = 165)

there's also a potential lack of shows looming, though I think the pace has been so strong that even regular outlets have picked up on it in time to get theater owners to course correct and add enough shows

could fall short depending on final week pace though

Edited by JustLurking

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Any idea what the maximum OW might be for Barbie considering the presales? Are we looking at some record-breaking grosses here and there?👩🏻‍💼

25M and 8 IM would get it to 200M but that's like an extreeeeeme outlier unless it can keep pace and rise and it turns out to be somehow more backloaded

Edited by Bobzaruni

2 hours ago, Bobzaruni said:

25M and 8 IM would get it to 200M but that's like an extreeeeeme outlier unless it can keep pace and rise and it turns out to be somehow more backloaded

Well, being an original film and a non-sequel, it might be more backloaded than most other blockbusters this summer.

Also…this a comedy, isn’t it? And is it family-friendly or so? 👩🏻‍💼💁🏻‍♀️

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Well It's over now 

20230716-192606.jpg

At this point they're like a 95 Year Old Italian Great Grandmother who refuses to go anywhere that some other 95 year Old Italian Great Grandmother will be because of something that happened in 1948 and when asked what happened will just answer 'She knows what she did' and if you really drill down it ends up being something like she never returned a salad bowl after a neighbourhood picnic.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

What's the marketing budget on this because it's definitely not under 50 million 

Nothing that releases in the summer and cost $100m+ would have a marketing budget under $50m. I’d guess $100m. We’ll never know though, studios rarely report. 

A lot of the marketing is from promotional partners, which don’t cost anything. Most of it is viral and if I’m not wrong, Mattel is splitting budget and marketing costs with WB.

So it’s likely to be a gigantic win, for both. 

Edited by Krissykins