grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’ve said it a lot, but rather than having films banned they should just stop even offering the film to these countries. 

Disney did last year with Pixar's "Lightyear" when China Film Import &Export Co-operation asked to make edits before submitting the film for release approval at China Film Administration. So, the film was never submitted for release approval. 

Films were never submitted in view of local rules and regulations, but Studio simply want audiences to enjoy the film in every way possible without making any (or not much) content change as possible. &also, they care for $ too.

Edited by Issac Newton

7 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

The current OW record for a WB film so far, is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 with it’s $169M OW that it still holds after 12 years. And no other WB film after that, topped Potter’s OW record.

I know. 

21 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Films were never submitted in view of local rules and regulations, but Studio simply want audiences to enjoy the film in every way possible without making any (or not much) content change as possible. &also, they care for $ too.

Yep but they shouldn’t have to change them. People should be able to decide for themselves which films they think they might like. 

For the government/country to get involved is just scary. And stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm honestly shocked Malaysia hasn't banned the filmyet considering they banned Thor 4 and Scream 6, movies with queer characters.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes i think gay characters or trans characters are explicit. Especially the trans character is presented as just on of the Barbies so a woman.

For some countries the fact there is even an hint Is problematic, for other countries like china the problem is when It's explicit. 

Edited by vale9001

33 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Yes i think gay characters or trans characters are explicit. Especially the trans character is presented as just on of the Barbies so a woman.

For some countries the fact there is even an hint Is problematic, for other countries like china the problem is when It's explicit. 

It’s not even like Thor 4 was explicit. Valkyrie’s attraction to women is acknowledged in a conversation that would get dubbed over anyway, and a brief scene where she kisses a woman’s hand. 

Anyway, did Malaysia ban AtSV? 

Edit: I guess I forgot about Korg and his male partner at the end. That movie isn’t very memorable. 

Edited by WittyUsername

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s not even like Thor 4 was explicit. Valkyrie’s attraction to women is acknowledged in a conversation that would get dubbed over anyway, and a brief scene where she kisses a woman’s hand. 

well acknowledged in a conversation means it's explicit. Then the fact they could delete it or change it's true but seems like disney is not accepting censorship on lgbqt themes-scenes anymore right?. 

Edited by vale9001

anyway what i mean is ins some of these countries (like the UAS) lgbqt contents are prohibited at all, lgbqt movies just don't exist. 

Meawhile in China there is a flourishing market of lgbqt themed movies, even very explicit. So i would say their problem is when it's on children kids related stuff and it's explicit cause it's the old story of  "propaganda to children" (??) or whatever. But it's not prohibited for adults or in every context.

Edited by vale9001

Today there a lot of new screenings around, including in Asia (indonesia and philippines) so a lot of new reactions are coming. 

Most of them are all RT reviewers and seems clear at this point the movie is a fun crowd pleaser comedy, and the average RT reviewer will like it.

Tomorrow we should get reviews from most professional critics.

Edited by vale9001