grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

Like I get why Japan might find Oppenheimer offensive, no doi, but getting mad at Barbie for acknowledging Barbenheimer, a verifiably worldwide phenomenon, as a thing, isn't really outrage worthy. Hell I'm actually impressed at the restraint to only comment on it after release.

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Like I get why Japan might find Oppenheimer offensive, no doi, but getting mad at Barbie for acknowledging Barbenheimer, a verifiably worldwide phenomenon, as a thing, isn't really outrage worthy. Hell I'm actually impressed at the restraint to only comment on it after release.

No, no-one is getting mad over this - I already has explained it pages back in pictures - Not sure why everyone here not reading the context well.

F2-Xn-P0-AXAAA8e6-O.jpg

F2-Xn-J7-UWs-AMD10-R.jpg

Edited by Issac Newton

9 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Warner Bros Press Release (Japan)

UPDATE: MON JULY 31 @ 10.59 PM PST: Warner Bros U.S. has responded to the criticism it has received from its own studio branch in Japan and from many on social media over Tweets responding to Barbenheimer memes featuring atom bomb images.

The Warner Bros. Film Group sent us the following statement: “Warner Brothers regrets its recent insensitive social media engagement. The studio offers a sincere apology.”  

We understand the offending tweets are being deleted.

Atleast Warner Bros US had Press Release to all Western Media Outlets (BBC, Variety, Guardian, Deadline.....)

People here don't have any issues with any Internet Sensation (Like they are like that). But, Official replying to them look like official movement - not FAN-MADE

Seriously, those tweets were pretty tasteless not necessary at all. Memes on War is really unfunny (Please don't try whataboutery). 

4 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The PR team just got done handling the Barbenheimer meme controversy when the Lizzo news breaks. After opening weekend, they probably thought Barbie PR duty would be a cakewalk of one glowing box office writeup after the other....

Dont worry, the PR team won't say anything. What happens in Lizzo's personal life is her business. This isn't about any of the Barbie actors or director, so won't be another Ezra Miller situation.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Dont worry, the PR team won't say anything. What happens in Lizzo's personal life is her business. This isn't about any of the Barbie actors or director, so won't be another Ezra Miller situation.

I doubt WB volunteers any comments about her, but you know how The Discourse goes: "Barbie claims to be a feminist movie but continues to showcase an abuser of women! Greta refuses to edit the movie and that makes her complicit!" #BarbieIsCancelled

Yeah, I know you can't just delete scenes from movies while they're in theaters without a major ordeal, and obviously Lizzo contributed her song before the lawsuit was public, but Twitter activists just want to stir up outrage. Maybe it'll be the right wing grifters' new angle of attack on Barbie, since they can't call it a flop...

There has been literally zero buzz or hype around Lizzo’s involvement in the film before this from what I’ve seen. All the music attention for the film has centered around Billie, Nicki, and Dua. I highly doubt this will affect anything for the movie, except for with the existing toxic boycotter crowd who are already not affecting the movie’s performance anyways. 

• Like 2

Oh gosh you take Twitter too seriously in america 😂.

Even if someone makes a tweet asking to delete a Lizzo Song, for something She Is accused for, not guilty for, and something nobody knew before She was chosen for the Song, well It's dumb and no one will care. 

Mitsuki Takahata (高畑 充希) comments on Greta Gerwig 

「グレタ監督の作品が大好きなのでお会い出来て感動しています。人としても女性としても素敵な方で、今日でもっとファンになりました。この作品に関われて光栄に思います。」

F2haagabc-AAmd-WQ.webp

Event ended with applause - Director &Producer didn't mention about Yesterday's Outrage ; even Mitsuki didn't mention anything (She earlier decided not to go for Stage Greetings because of #Nobarbenheimer but since her attachment with Barbie along with Greg visiting Japan made her change decision.) 

I appreciated that Greg love Japanese Film and ofc despite what's happening currently - she ignored and came forward to visit Japan for Stage Greetings. I am taking it as a positive note -- 

Although, things haven't settle, more are to happen - many predictions, many thoughts but Barbie is going to release - 11.08.2023. Both, Director and Producers wishes that People here could appreciate the work and share love ~ Pink Fashion is coming!