grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

IT'S SOLD OUT. KENAPOCALYSE IS HERE!

With surprise for anyone but the Ken-energy negationists Dendy Cinemas in Australia is the first to open pre sales for a preview on 19th July. All the shows are near to sold out and they have generated already more than 10k dollars from just 5 showings. Dendy cinemas said new preview shows are coming. 

barbie1.pngbarbie2.png

barbie3.png

barbie5.png

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

44 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Just wow.

I love it! Really interesting to hear Gerwig talk about the artificiality of 1950s musicals as an inspiration for the backgrounds.

Midge and Skipper are in! Not sure why they would share a clubhouse, the characters are in different age groups.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

We need this to be a hit so that they turn Barbie Land into a theme park attraction.

The set is build at the Warner Studios in London, one of the most visited studios place in the world (because of all the Harry Potter sets there). Definitely after the movie this is becaming an attraction too. 

Edited by vale9001

the marketing team of this movie has been one of the best ever. 

Architectural digest is one of the biggest channel on youtube and their videos can reach even 10M views (some very viral almost 30M)

They have a format where famous people "open the door"or their houses and this video with Margot is basically the same format but for a movie. 

If you post a kind of video like this (a set tour) on a warner bros channel you take only some hundreds of thousands of views, in that channel and with that format already has 1.5M views and it's coming for probably 5-10M before the movie comes. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Architectural digest is one of the biggest channel on youtube and their videos can reach even 10M views (some very viral almost 30M)

They have a format where famous people "open the door"or their houses and this video with Margot is basically the same format but for a movie. 

I’m old enough to remember when it was called MTV’s Cribs

11 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

Anyone stunned by this would be an idiot or the few posters here adamant this was another Detective Pikachu or whatever

I understand betting against Nolan is foolish but Oppenheimer is his toughest sell yet, he placed 2nd before Big Hero 6 in the past and is going against a media savy IP

15 hours ago, vale9001 said:

They're starting to put this "box" in several cinemas, so you can make a photo inside it.

I'm kinda stunned they're doing this not only in US but also going abroad. Marketing is some of the most coordinated I've seen among several countries.