CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

I can't wait to see a true forum meltdown.

I don't know if it will be better if it happens because of a film a bunch of people love underperforms or a film a bunch of people hate overperforms.

(If HTTYD2 throws under expectations, I'll be sure to freak out for at least a few posts.)

I can't wait to see a true forum meltdown.

I don't know if it will be better if it happens because of a film a bunch of people love underperforms or a film a bunch of people hate overperforms.

(If HTTYD2 throws under expectations, I'll be sure to freak out for at least a few posts.)

Almost happened with TF3...

However it just ended up being very very backloaded. 

Unless GotG bombs I can't foresee a massive meltdown anytime soon. X-Men's the definition of consistent and Godzilla will do fine if expectations are kept in check.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

Stop the excuses people. We still couldve went berserk. Even AFTER we found out the CF number was wrong, we STILL kept going ham. That was legendary and yesterday was supposed to follow suit. Spider-flop or no Spider-flop, we shouldve brought our gif games. Oh wellz. Maybe the early early Godzilla estimates will come in at $15M or something then the forum will have my permission to explode.

This forums's reaction to the numbers as a whole

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 5

Unless GotG bombs I can't foresee a massive meltdown anytime soon. X-Men's the definition of consistent and Godzilla will do fine if expectations are kept in check.

Expectations are definitely not being kept in check.

• Like 3

I don't think "consistent" means what you think it does.

• Like 3

Dented it "a bit," but at the same time it literally faced nothing in its first two weeks. The movie had the market to itself and still dropped like a rock.

dropping 61% after breaking OW record and 50% in the second weekend it's not "dropping like a rock"

Stop the excuses people. We still couldve went berserk. Even AFTER we found out the CF number was wrong, we STILL kept going ham. That was legendary and yesterday was supposed to follow suit. Spider-flop or no Spider-flop, we shouldve brought our gif games. Oh wellz. Maybe the early early Godzilla estimates will come in at $15M or something then the forum will have my permission to explode.

I should have paid Nikki to under-report the opening day by 10 million.

There would've been plenty of gloating and meltdowns.

• Like 1

Almost happened with TF3...

However it just ended up being very very backloaded. 

Shoot most people in other forms loved Transformerd 3 ...Its my 2nd favorite of the series and...Its way better than ASM2.. Look at the numbers. It almost made 400m domestic and is the third movie coming off the semi letdown of Part 2 and TRFRM 3 made 1.1bil!!.

Hah hah , there is no back loading with this.. This is a flop!.... When you spend 430-450+ mil on one film and you cant even beat the horrible reboot of your first attempt, theres no other way to spin it.

Alreading some are predicting a 84-90M OW... Ouch(Spiderman loses to Cap lo domestically imminent and Godzilla is going to stomp on this pos , and xmen will  dagger its heart!)

I should have paid Nikki to under-report the opening day by 10 million.

There would've been plenty of gloating and meltdowns.

You heard it from me, Warrior and BKB first that Godzilla could have 98-120+M OW thunder.. Just wait lol :)

It had the weakest competition for its first two weeks of any big opener that I've seen. That was plenty of time for it to rack up a ton of money and the thing collapsed like a cheap tent despite no competition. SM1 dealt with some pretty steep competition and held up like a champ by comparison.

lol, it is a consensus that SM3 had too much competition, way more than any blockbuster ever faced at the time.

SM competition OW adjusted

week2: 6.1 (Deuces Wild + Hollywood Ending)week3: 31.5 (Unfaithful + The New Guy)week4: 121.36 (AOTC + About a Boy)week5: 72.2 (Insomnia + Spirit + Enough)

SM2 competition OW adjusted (this one opened in summer, a lot big movies can co-exist)

week2: 45.89 (Anchorman + King Arthur)week3: 84.30 (I Robot, A Cinderella Story)week4: 88.63 (Bourn2 + Catwoman)week5: 97.71 (Village + Manchurian Candidate + Harold 1)

SM3 competition OW adjusted

week2: 23.12 (28 Weeks + Gerogia Rule + Delta Force)week3: 140.72 (Shrek 3)week4: 132.74 (POTC3 148m 4-day)week5: 48.64 (Knocked Up + Mr. Brooks + Gracie)