Independence Day 2 (Fox) - 7/1

Tarzan (2016) (WB) - 7/1

Marvel Untitled (July 2016) (BV) - 7/8

Ice Age 5 (Fox) - 7/15

Untitled Next Bourne Chapter (Uni.) - 7/15

King Arthur (2016) (WB) - 7/22

Power Rangers (2016) (LGF) - 7/22

Untitled Planet of the Apes (Fox) - 7/29

Now obviously a good 3 or 4 or 5  of those will move, but May, June, and August are all looking far emptier right now for 2016.

MMPR is going to get completely overlooked if all of those films stay right where they are right now. Marvel, Ice Age, Bourne, Apes? No thank you, I would not want to be dumped into the middle of that.

• Like 1

I remember seeing the original movie when I was a child. There were a lot of kids at the cinema. Is this still relevant to kids?

MMPR are still popular, but they're a step below TMNT (or My Little Pony, Transformers, Marvel, Batman, etc.)

• Like 2

Look at the current July 2016 schedule:

July (Details)

Angry Birds (Sony) - 7/1

The BFG (BV) - 7/1

Independence Day 2 (Fox) - 7/1

Tarzan (2016) (WB) - 7/1

Marvel Untitled (July 2016) (BV) - 7/8

Ice Age 5 (Fox) - 7/15

Untitled Next Bourne Chapter (Uni.) - 7/15

King Arthur (2016) (WB) - 7/22

Power Rangers (2016) (LGF) - 7/22

Untitled Planet of the Apes (Fox) - 7/29

Now obviously a good 3 or 4 or 5  of those will move, but May, June, and August are all looking far emptier right now for 2016.

MMPR is going to get completely overlooked if all of those films stay right where they are right now. Marvel, Ice Age, Bourne, Apes? No thank you, I would not want to be dumped into the middle of that.

Haven't looked much into the new movies that are coming in 2016.  Tarzan, dont know if people want to watch that much.  Same for King Arthur.  Jason Bourne, we already know what happened to Bourne Legacy movie with no Matt Damon.  And people still want to watch another Ice Age?

• Like 1

I really hate fan conventions of any sort. They rarely do anything to advance the reputation of the fanbase or the property they like.

I've gone to a few that I've enjoyed. They exist for the purpose of pleasing the pre-existing fanbases, not for the purpose of advancing the reputation of the fans among non-fans.

• Like 1

You know MLP:FIM is actually a show I like, but c'mon. These people clearly have to be high.

Hear, hear. I LIKE the show, but I just like it AS a TV show. I've seen the first four episodes, been meaning to watch more, it's cute and fun in that Powerpuff/Dexter way, but I am not a Brony. Bronies are like one step down on the insanity ladder from furries. Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

Haven't looked much into the new movies that are coming in 2016.  Tarzan, dont know if people want to watch that much.  Same for King Arthur.  Jason Bourne, we already know what happened to Bourne Legacy movie with no Matt Damon.  And people still want to watch another Ice Age?

Tarzan is gonna come down to marketing and the quality of the film. The Bourne films aren't a threat to cross 200M without Damon but they can still make money. Kids still want another Ice Age.

• Like 1

Hear, hear. I LIKE the show, but I just like it AS a TV show. I've seen the first four episodes, been meaning to watch more, it's cute and fun in that Powerpuff/Dexter way, but I am not a Brony. Bronies are like one step down on the insanity ladder from furries.

That video basically proves how crazy they are.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

I've gone to a few that I've enjoyed. They exist for the purpose of pleasing the pre-existing fanbases, not for the purpose of advancing the reputation of the fans among non-fans.

Even for shows I like, I'd never go to a convention. I just can't seriously associate with people in painstakingly-designed Whitewalker or Pinkie Pie costumes.