lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

51 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

I honestly think this will get a sequel. Whether or not there's any more beyond that will rely on the second film overperforming. If it experiences the usual sequel drop, then you can tell Jim that it's dead.

I don't think the international markets would want to pay for a sequel from Lionsgate unless it was direct to home entertainment. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I don't think the international markets would want to pay for a sequel from Lionsgate unless it was direct to home entertainment. 

Yeah, the argument was that Lionsgate can finance movies by preselling international. That only works if the movie has a GIGANTIC performance that makes the international partners want more.  Lionsgate's associates would have to be crazy if they think Rangers 2 would somehow increase after the cruddy performance of #1.

20 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Yeah, the argument was that Lionsgate can finance movies by preselling international. That only works if the movie has a GIGANTIC performance that makes the international partners want more.  Lionsgate's associates would have to be crazy if they think Rangers 2 would somehow increase after the cruddy performance of #1.

We don't know what the terms for each distributor were. If they get a cut of HV revenue, it may well be worth it. (Or it might not.)

I didn't know Tele like this movie.

Either I have to re-evaluate my life choices. Or he has some kind of identity crisis. 

Gotta be the latter for the sake of my sanity. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

I didn't know Tele like this movie.

Either I have to re-evaluate my life choices. Or he has some kind of identity crisis. 

Gotta be the latter for the sake of my sanity. 

My enjoyment of it is (in part) why CJohn is taking a break. This (and my hatred of LIFE) was a double-whammy too much for him to bear.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

My enjoyment of it is (in part) why CJohn is taking a break. This (and my hatred of LIFE) was a double-whammy too much for him to bear.

So you're admitting that it's an identity crisis on your part.

Phew. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Wait what? No! :lol: 

Denial is the first step to recovery. 

It's ok. It's gonna be all right.

In all seriousness, I haven't watched Life, and have no intention too. Trailers make it look incredibly dull, so I can see why you would not like it.

CJohn not liking Power Rangers though? That's seems weird, on paper, this one is like a movie right up his alley I thought. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sam said:

Denial is the first step to recovery. 

It's ok. It's gonna be all right.

In all seriousness, I haven't watched Life, and have no intention too. Trailers make it look incredibly dull, so I can see why you would not like it.

CJohn not liking Power Rangers though? That's seems weird, on paper, this one is like a movie right up his alley I thought. 

He thought PR was beyond awful and that LIFE was one of the best movies of the year. Go figure.

6 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Lol, DVD sales for this thing are gonna be pathetically bad.

And you know that based off what? Granted, I don't think a sequel happening,but I disagree with you on DVD/Blu-ray sales. Their are a lot of kids that will buy the movie. Their also a fandom that will also.

7 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Lol, DVD sales for this thing are gonna be pathetically bad.

This is exactly the sort of movie that plays forever on family or lighter-fare channels. The combination of some disc sales, some TV sales, some streaming sales, etc means it'll turn a handy little profit (especially considering it's already in the black or close to it).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tele Came Back said:

This is exactly the sort of movie that plays forever on family or lighter-fare channels. The combination of some disc sales, some TV sales, some streaming sales, etc means it'll turn a handy little profit (especially considering it's already in the black or close to it).

It's like the perfect lead-in movie for a Lab Rat marathon, am I right? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

He should ask Shout Factory about PR TV show dvds or better yet Super Sentai dvds that are now coming out,because of the PR fandom. I might not like all of the fandom,but when it comes to supporting PR through toys or DVD/Blu-ray sales. They always turn out. So I wouldn't under estimate them.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Divergent 4 would have made more money and cost less. Just saying...

Most things would've cost less than the 120 mil production budget of this. Divergent 4 would've megabombed though. Like "less than 60 mil". Lionsgate's preselling of foreign rights is not the magic money train that the industry shills here seem to think it is.