lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, Arlborn said:

That's so fast! It's great though as I'm looking forward to watching it.

It actually kind of normal for Blu-ray releases these days. Logan is coming out May 23,John Wick "June 13" Kong "Jul 11"

Edited by Momo
  • Like 1

Forbes' Scott Mendelson has thrown in the towel on a Power Rangers sequel today.  Scott had written a positive review of the movie, and was among its biggest supporters.  Now, with only Japan left, and the fact that this is a Power Rangers movie, not a Super Sentai one, it is very likely that audiences in Japan will not be interested in seeing this movie either in two months, so the Power Rangers movie is not likely to earn much more worldwide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

You know, no matter how badly both King Arthur or Valerian do, I consider this a bigger failure. They could have made this ...........big.

Agree,I feel this movie had a real chance to break out as the next action franchise,but it was dumbed down into a teen drama. It was like the director wanted it to be as far away from anything PR related until the end of the movie. Which isn't what people wanted or expected. Yes,people know the TV show was and still corny. But peeps that first saw the trailers. Thought this would go TF or Pirates type of action. Instead it went F4.

P.S. Hopefully studios like Sony that are making Masters of the Universe use this movie for lessons on what not to do when making an action type franchise. Wow,I got baned for saying PR flopped on PR site. lol

Edited by Momo

57 minutes ago, Momo said:

Agree,I feel this movie had a real chance to break out as the next action franchise,but it was dumbed down into a teen drama. It was like the director wanted it to be as far away from anything PR related until the end of the movie. Which isn't what people wanted or expected. Yes,people know the TV show was and still corny. But peeps that first saw the trailers. Thought this would go TF or Pirates type of action. Instead it went F4.

P.S. Hopefully studios like Sony that are making Masters of the Universe use this movie for lessons on what not to do when making an action type franchise. Wow,I got baned for saying PR flopped on PR site. lol

The official film site or the Rangers fansite?

8 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

The official film site or the Rangers fansite?

Rangerboard. They said I was to negative about the movie because I said the movie flopped and the BO numbers were bad. Anyone that doesn't say it made a profit or doing good. They trash over there. I was even told I was not allowed to compare it's numbers to other movies that came out.  They can't handle critisim of the movie at all.

Edited by Momo

1 minute ago, Momo said:

Rangerboard. They said I was to negative about the movie because I said the movie flopped and the BO numbers were bad.

Maybe they have anxiety over the post-Ninja Steel renewal? The movie itself had been known to have had BO issues for several weeks now

15 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Link to the post that gave you ban? I'm so curious lol

Lmao,I don't know the excated post that did me in but the Mods and their fans keep whining about how I was being to negative. I went on there like 40 minutes ago and bang the site says I was baned. lol Here a link to some of my post today.. https://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=180092&page=194

@drdungbeetle,I certainly think it could have help. Not saying a lot,but PR I always felt was a martial arts action type flick. I never went into it. Saying give me Twlight. lol

P.S. What really ticked them off is when I posted the China numbers. They hated that. You can see by their piling on me.

Edited by Momo

10 minutes ago, Momo said:

Lmao,I don't know the excated post that did me in but the Mods and their fans keep whining about how I was being to negative. I went on there like 40 minutes ago and bang the site says I was baned. lol Here a link to some of my post today.. https://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=180092&page=194

To be honest it's just kinda sad to see fans realize they aren't getting more out of the property they love.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

To be honest it's just kinda sad to see fans realize they aren't getting more out of the property they love.

It does suck that the franchise in a dead spiral right now. I said countless times. I think the franchise needs to go away a while. It need some years away much like TF,He-Man,etc. So that when it's ready to return people can appreciate again. Right now it's basicly dying a slow death. Hanging on by just toy sells.

Edited by Momo

It was decent, the problem is it took like 90-100 minutes to actually get to what people came to the movie for. . . ..instead of spreading out the PR action thoughout the run-time, they decided to put it all at the finale.

I mean, come on, Rita has a ton of minions and mooks in the series. They couldn't have included like two or three of them and had the rangers battle them (all chaotic and disorganized at first until they learned how to work as a team) before the finale (final battle with Rita and Goldar)?

I mean this seems to be an issue with some films based on popular properties. Godzilla '14 and Transformers come to mind. But the reason those still succeeded and this not so much is that they at least spread their action out. Godzilla 2014, while not having a ton of Godzilla, still had two other monsters wrecking shit and the Transformers are spread all throughout their films (human scenes aside).

Edited by Yandereprime101189