lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

I was bored from start to finish lol. It wasn't even bad in a tongue in cheek 90's nostalgia kind of way it was just poor. I didn't know what was going on for most of it lol.

Not really sure what I expected considering the source material. They should have just gone all out on the cheese and parodied themselves a la' Lego Movie. Big big turd.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:51 PM, Stormagden said:

I thought it already made most of its budget back through pre-sales?

Made it back for Lionsgate, but not for the people who paid the presale money.........a presale of any sequel, given it's lackluster box office performance, is going to be hard.

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Made it back for Lionsgate, but not for the people who paid the presale money.........a presale of any sequel, given it's lackluster box office performance, is going to be hard.

In part I agree, although financing agreements are so complicated that it's hard to say. We don't know if presales only covered a part of the budget and whether that was used as collateral for bank loans, etc (which could easily be for multiple movies or multiple LG projects).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telerian said:

In part I agree, although financing agreements are so complicated that it's hard to say. We don't know if presales only covered a part of the budget and whether that was used as collateral for bank loans, etc (which could easily be for multiple movies or multiple LG projects).

I am not sure I get the importance of what the pre-sales money is actually used for (collateral for bank loans or Liongates building municipal taxes where the money was from for an enterprise when paying Y is a bit pure semantics no ?), Liongates will made is money back on that project if the amount of revenues they made because of that movie existence is more than the amount of expense that the movie caused + a part of the overall studio administrative cost when actualizing those revenue and cost at the same date.

It must be rare that a studio have the permission to not use all of the pre-sales money to reduce the movie production budget directly in their accounting (to make it even a positive if needed), people getting points on the movie profit (co-financier, Elizabeth Banks, owner of the Power Rangers brand name if they are getting point like Hasbro on Transformer, etc...) would really not like it. Without those it make it absolutely impossible for that movie to turn a profit.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I am not sure I get the importance of what the pre-sales money is actually used for (collateral for bank loans or Liongates building municipal taxes where the money was from for an enterprise when paying Y is a bit pure semantics no ?), Liongates will made is money back on that project if the amount of revenues they made because of that movie existence is more than the amount of expense that the movie caused + a part of the overall studio administrative cost when actualizing those revenue and cost at the same date.

It must be rare that a studio have the permission to not use all of the pre-sales money to reduce the movie production budget directly in their accounting (to make it even a positive if needed), people getting points on the movie profit (co-financier, Elizabeth Banks, owner of the Power Rangers brand name if they are getting point like Hasbro on Transformer, etc...) would really not like it. Without those it make it absolutely impossible for that movie to turn a profit.

Presales are usually used to directly pay for the production budget (in part or in whole). If it's in part, the rest of the money can be raised a variety of different ways. One of them is using presales (even estimated presales) as a sort of collateral (even though the money hasn't been collected yet) for a loan to cover the rest (again, in whole or in part). Typically all these various funds are put in an escrow account (when they finally come through) -- there are companies that do nothing but escrow accounts for all funds and contracts. This makes it all very clear to all the various entities where they stand in relation to each other (entities could be everything from a bank to a movie star).

• Like 4

This'll still outgross Ghost easily, in US and worldwide. Not really a worst-case scenario. Disney killed the value of the PR franchise and Spongealodeon irridiated the corpse. I say this as an anti-PR whiner,this film was a victim of devaluation beyond its control.

34 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

To think that at one point, people (myself included) believed that this would make numbers like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's nuts how different things turned out.

Too many haters and losers out there. Sad!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

To think that at one point, people (myself included) believed that this would make numbers like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's nuts how different things turned out.

Should have cast Aqua man from Smallville.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 1