lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/power-rangers-lionsgate-reboot-actors-testing-1201608828/

Sources tell Variety the studio is about to begin testing young talent, looking at up-and-coming actors and actresses to make up the team. Sources say Daniel Zovatto (“It Follows”), Ross Butler (“Chasing Life”) and Brian “Sene” Marc are among those testing for Zack (aka the Black Ranger), while KJ Apa (“Shortland Street”), Austin Butler (“The Shannara Chronicles”) and Mitchell Hope (“The Descendants”) are testing for Jason (aka the Red Ranger).

Sources also say Naomi Scott (“The Martian”) and newcomer Stephanie Scott are up for the role Kimberley (aka the Pink Ranger). Insiders say the studio is looking for fresh faces to fill out the team and will probably look for a big name to play the antagonist for the films, though no offers have been given out for that part yet.

I assume these are real people but I can't tell you for sure

• Like 1

Actors begin testing: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/power-rangers-lionsgate-reboot-actors-testing-1201608828/

Sources tell Variety the studio is about to begin testing young talent, looking at up-and-coming actors and actresses to make up the team. Sources say Daniel Zovatto (“It Follows”), Ross Butler (“Chasing Life”) and Brian “Sene” Marc are among those testing for Zack (aka the Black Ranger), while KJ Apa (“Shortland Street”), Austin Butler (“The Shannara Chronicles”) and Mitchell Hope (“The Descendants”) are testing for Jason (aka the Red Ranger).

Sources also say Naomi Scott (“The Martian”) and newcomer Stephanie Scott are up for the role Kimberley (aka the Pink Ranger). Insiders say the studio is looking for fresh faces to fill out the team and will probably look for a big name to play the antagonist for the films, though no offers have been given out for that part yet.

Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz are penning the script, with Haim Saban, Brian Casentini and Allison Shearmur producing.

• Like 1

That is lot of people I don't know. Expected.

Back in the 1990s, weren't there a lot of stories about the actors not being paid well when the first Power Rangers movie was being made?  Even though this is Lionsgate and not Fox, and the other company involved here is called Saban Brands and not Saban Entertainment, there still may be that mentality to pay the actors low.  I could not see an A-list type actor being cast as the Red Ranger for example.  It does not fit with what Saban has typically done over the years.

• Like 1

If people thought Perlmutter was a nightmare boss then the way Saban used to treat its PR actors in the 90's will be considered downright hellish. Apparently the actor playing Blue Ranger in the show and original movie, David Yost, had to suffer through years and years of emotional bullying by the studio just because of his real-life sexuality. The trauma reached such a point that he quit before the second film started production and took a break from acting altogether.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/power-rangers-lionsgate-reboot-actors-testing-1201608828/

I assume these are real people but I can't tell you for sure

I was scratching my head trying to remember who Mitchell Hope played in The Descendants and then I googled him and found that the "Descendants" in question is actually Disney Channel's latest atrocity.  :rofl:

Disney-Descendants-Movie-Poster.jpg

Actors begin testing: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/power-rangers-lionsgate-reboot-actors-testing-1201608828/

@RobbAnnaSophia
ALSO testing for the Pink Ranger this wknd. Otherwise, nothing more to add to this well-done piece.
https://t.co/bJuPdZC0qE
— Jeff Sneider (@TheInSneider)
October 2, 2015

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Daniel-Zovatto.jpg

Daniel Zovatto.

rGgsEH9csivqlnoc43DEKVXRnbt.jpg

Ross Butler.

sene415.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Brian Marc.

MV5BNTc2MDMyMTk3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjM4

Naomi Scott.

a6487f6f6d8f2807e439e3d74293740d.jpg

Stephanie Scott.

austin-butler.jpg

Austin Butler.

kj-apa.jpg?mode=crop&width=635&height=39

KJ Apa.

11379693_676045135859540_1617036699_n.jp

Mitchell Hope.

Edited by Klingo
  • Like 1

I was scratching my head trying to remember who Mitchell Hope played in The Descendants and then I googled him and found that the "Descendants" in question is actually Disney Channel's latest atrocity.  :rofl:

Disney-Descendants-Movie-Poster.jpg

What. The. Fuck.

You guys forgot AnnaSophia Robb who is in the running for Kimberly too. She is easily the biggest name of the entire bunch.

54ee8d45c2c96_-_sev-annasophia-robb-outt

AnnaSophia Robb was pretty much manufactured to be a Disney princess.

Edited by grim22

What. The. Fuck.

AnnaSophia Robb was pretty much manufactured to be a Disney princess.

Yeah she was.

Ok, granted the only thing I remember her from is Bridge to Terabithia.

For those that don't remember that movie here's a recap...

• Like 1