lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

• Community Manager
On 4/19/2016 at 8:59 AM, The47th said:

I will let the comments from Kotaku express my feelings:

- “It’s definitely a modern and edgy re-imagining of the original Rita Repulsa,” Banks tells the website. Well, yeah, because it looks absolutely nothing like Rita Repulsa. I’m not saying the costume needed to be directly lifted from the original show, but this is so radically different that it might as well be a new villain.

- She *looks* like a Power Rangers villain...just not the Power Rangers villain she’s supposed to be.

- “It’s definitely a modern and edgy re-imagining of the original Rita Repulsa,” In that it in no way resembles Rita Repulsa at all?

Very disappointed for now.

I too am outraged that a feature film is taking creative licenses from a crappy children's television show with garbage production values, nonsensical plots, poor character development, bad dubbing, and poor editing between the scenes shot in Japan and the scenes shot in America.

Okay, in all seriousness, I'm not five so no, I'm not actually outraged because there's like no interest in me in this movie. Sure, five-year old me LOVED Power Rangers. But that was twenty years ago.

So like if Power Rangers wants to take some creative freedom in the adaption, then all the more power to it. Honestly, sometimes, people need to realize that it's okay for these movies to take liberties.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

What I wouldn't give for a dance-off between her and Cumberbatch from DR. STRANGE.

Goofy ass costumes are back in a big way, golden age of cinema

More onset pics of Banks as Rita. She looks great.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3558272/Elizabeth-Banks-keeps-character-supervillain-Rita-Repulsa-fierce-glare-break-filming-new-Power-Rangers-reboot.html

A couple choice ones:

3388143700000578-3558272-image-m-110_146

3388149800000578-3558272-image-m-113_146

I see myself watching this *ironically* now. Heck, I already saw the first Power Rangers flick in theathers (long story).

Edited by Celedhring

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

They just gotta embrace the campiness, everything about Banks so far is super promising

Seconded.

I like the cast for Power Rangers too. Looks like a nice bunch  of kids with interesting dynamics there.