Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

also it's nice to see Chef doing a decent job at box office. it is getting good reviews and I hope they'll expand it soon

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It opens in Portugal on May 29.

also it's nice to see Chef doing a decent job at box office. it is getting good reviews and I hope they'll expand it soon

It would be nice if Chef expanded well and knocked off The Nut Job as Open Road"s #1 movie :P

• Like 2

I'm pretty interested in the agent carter tv show. certainly more than agents of shield and that awful looking gotham show. mayb it's just seeing hayley atwell on tv every week...

And it's a TV show with a female lead in the title. Marvel still has a pretty long way ahead towards gender diversity. But at least they're making effort in the right direction so I'm looking forward to it.
  • Like 1

And it's a TV show with a female lead in the title. Marvel still has a pretty long way ahead towards gender diversity. But at least they're making effort in the right direction so I'm looking forward to it.

They've also got Jessica Jones in the works at Netflix. Now if we could just get Black Widow and Captain Marvel movies.

• Like 1

Universal is having a banner year, and with no potential mega-budget disasters on tap to put a damper on things like last year. The Lone Survivor nationwide expansion, Ride Along, Endless Love actually managed to top $20 million domestically and any money lost there was already recouped, Non-Stop and now Neighbors.

• Like 1

Amazing jump for CATWS :). Let's see if it can get a weekend drop in the mid to low 30's with a 5M+ weekend. That drop from last Friday is only 29% so definitely looking like a great hold is in store.

Next target for CATWS: LEGO's $253M DOM

• Like 1

Well, female leads are pretty common on ABC. But yeah, it's nice to see

Intl Box Office: #1 in 17 of 29 markets 'Neighbors' (Universal) doing well even though U.S. comedies often don't travel.

— Nikki Finke (@NikkiFinke) May 10, 2014

I think she's overstating US comedies not traveling well. Many don't do much internationally, but off the top of my head Ted, SATC 1 and 2, all 3 Hangover films, all 4 AP films, all 3 Meet the Parents films, Bridesmaids, and countless others topped $100 million internationally.

Isn't this the 5th week in a row that Rio 2 has been predicted to finish over TWS -  DENIED once again. :P

I thought the same thing. But that's Deadline though. I think they always have Rio higher on their chart.