Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> Wow. Just wow.

Honestly, since I hated IM3 (although now I think it's actually decent, just a disappointment), this would be great

Telemachos: The Like is STRRROONNNNGGGG with youuuu.

Well, there are no solo pics up of me yet from this show... however, if this post gets five likes before I go to bed, I'll post a pic from my last show (I'll let y'all decide if I post here or in the Real Pic thread)

• Like 2

Well, there are no solo pics up of me yet from this show... however, if this post gets five likes before I go to bed, I'll post a pic from my last show (I'll let y'all decide if I post here or in the Real Pic thread)

Screw it, just gonna post here and the Faces thread my first ever real pic on this site. Today has been awesome for me, so y'all get a treat!

Posted Image

^ me as Rumpelstiltskin

If I don't wake up to over 20 likes between this and the Faces post, I'll be extremely disappointed 

EDIT: Actually, to get more likes, there are different pictures in each post ;):P

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 11

Huh. They sure didn't sell that angle in the trailer.

Yeah, I didn't think so until someone mentioned it in the presidio thread. Then I went to work and saw this thing we got for the movie like a month ago. It mentions how it's perfect for a church group or something like that. It might not be a very religious type of Christian film, but I guess it's a "wholesome" family type thing. Blah to that! I want bewbs!
  • Like 1

Screw it, just gonna post here and the Faces thread my first ever real pic on this site. Today has been awesome for me, so y'all get a treat!

Posted Image

^ me as Rumpelstiltskin

If I don't wake up to over 20 likes between this and the Faces post, I'll be extremely disappointed 

EDIT: Actually, to get more likes, there are different pictures in each post ;):P

A final word of advice Blank, play to your strengths when it comes to girls, especially if your strength is something they like.

For example, I may not be the most attractive fellow out there but every time I sing for a crowd I come home with a new set of fan girls who love my voice, so I have learned how to use singing to my advantage.  That, my weird sense of humor, and my intelligence are my strengths so when I utilize them correctly to girls who like them, I am in the clear.

Don't worry about what you are not, and focus on what you are, and that creates great confidence.

• Like 3

Here is fool proof advice for you Blank.

First of all Blank, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi." Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it." Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?" Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice." And five, now this is the most important, Blank. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

And remember, you don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.

And of course, put on Physical Graffiti instead...

• Like 1

Posted Image

^ me as Rumpelstiltskin

Posted Image

You can totally get in me.

• Like 6

A final word of advice Blank, play to your strengths when it comes to girls, especially if your strength is something they like.

For example, I may not be the most attractive fellow out there but every time I sing for a crowd I come home with a new set of fan girls who love my voice, so I have learned how to use singing to my advantage.  That, my weird sense of humor, and my intelligence are my strengths so when I utilize them correctly to girls who like them, I am in the clear.

Don't worry about what you are not, and focus on what you are, and that creates great confidence.

Ugh. Much harder for me.

Do men get interested or impressed or love someone who can slay almost any song?

I mean, I'm funny. Check. Beautiful. Check. Exotic. Check. Intelligent. Check. Sweet. Check.

Why is finding a man difficult?

Posted Image

• Like 3

Yeah, I didn't think so until someone mentioned it in the presidio thread. Then I went to work and saw this thing we got for the movie like a month ago. It mentions how it's perfect for a church group or something like that. It might not be a very religious type of Christian film, but I guess it's a "wholesome" family type thing. Blah to that! I want bewbs!

Lucky Neigbors is on.

5th UPDATE, MONDAY 7:45 AM: Neighbors will finish the weekend right around $49M not $51M (as Uni hoped for), but still a fantastic opening. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will finish a little lower than expected, too, but still at its 61% drop. Sony was right on the money with its prediction on Mom’s Night Out with around $4.3M+ for the 3-day butHeaven is For Real is higher (again) than anyone expected, closing out the Mother’s Day weekend with around $7.4M to $7.5M (it played stronger than expected on Sunday). AndThe Other WomanIt’s well-heeled at No. 3 to gross around $9.5M to $9.6M+ for Fox. The other newcomer,Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return – pretty much as expected with roughly $3.6M. The Top 20 chart will be coming later today. But that’s how it looks this morning, everyone.

BOX OFFICE: ‘Neighbors’ A Raucous No. 1 For Around $49M As ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Drops 61% ‘The Other Woman’ On Strong Legs; ‘Heaven’ Surprises … Again Edited by Olive Maximoff
  • Like 2

I'd add Animal House, Slap Shot, Spinal Tap, Trading Places.

But then it's just not R rated comedies.  Where's this generation's Princess Bride or The Apartment?  And don't get me started on the death of Romantic Comedy.

This generation will never have a Princess Bride. Just like this generation won't have a Star Wars, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Gremlins or any other classic movie from the 70's/80's. Hollywood is too busy chasing sequels and remakes. I feel sorry for the next generation of filmmakers. What do they have to be influenced by? The kids who grew up on Spielberg/Lucas movies are the last generation that had great original popular movies to be inspired by.

• Like 1

5th UPDATE, MONDAY 7:45 AM: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will finish a little lower than expected, too, but still at its 61% drop.

I'm shocked

This is going to make some of the BSG SOTM2 answers very interesting.

Edited by Punishment
  • Like 4

61%? OMG I can't. I would love to know what is in Sony's Executives minds right now. 

Was expected though right? A lot of people called it. That 59% drop for the weekend was just for media purposes. I wonder which day got overestimated. I was hoping for less of a drop but oh well. The People have spoken.