A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

Personally It's a huge turn off for me when 2 different people play the same character, it pulls me out of the fantasy world
But I'm pretty sure they'll go with a recasting like you said cause they need Kang as their next big villain.

Well, they have recast War Machine and the Hulk and few seemed to mind.

Recasting happens all the time. Get used to it.

I am sure the Majors situation will be the #1 topic of discussiion around Dinsey executive offices for the next couple of days at least.

And you know Feige is already starting to make a list of potential replacments...

Edited by dudalb

It's crazy how quick MeToo and Cancel Culture is. Sure if Majors is guilty punish him, but he deserves his day in court before his career is blown up.

Reminds me how quickly James Gunn got fired. Of course his stupid tweets were less of a crime than assault.

If, and this is a very big if, Feige wanted to change directions on the big bad of the next phase from Kang, this would be the time. It's a great out. Find a way to rework Loki, and quietly put Kang in a neat little box of "Maybe later we'll recast". 

You'll have rumors to the contrary of course, but the bulk of PR can spin it as a reaction the Majors's actions. 

This is of course IF the feedback on Kang is as terrible as some people in this thread think.

Otherwise, it'll be a recast. I'd put money they're probably already looking at how to do a Kevin Spacey with Loki.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

It's crazy how quick MeToo and Cancel Culture is. Sure if Majors is guilty punish him, but he deserves his day in court before his career is blown up.

Reminds me how quickly James Gunn got fired. Of course his stupid tweets were less of a crime than assault.

Majors has not been recast. His career has not been blown up (yet). Also, he can get a career in something else if he wants.

14 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Majors lawyer is striking back tonight with major "evidence" he is "100% innocent" , read at tmz

Majors really needs to hire a better attorney...one who is not a "Hollywood"  lawyer, but a solid Defense Attorney, one who is more interested in presenting his case in court than in stupid PR moves.

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Majors has not been recast. His career has not been blown up (yet). Also, he can get a career in something else if he wants.

If the charges stick, only a matter of time until he is recast. Feige probably already has a list of potential replacments now.

A career in what? It won't be acting in major roles, that is for sure if the charges hold up.

And when your agent drops you that is not a good sign.

Reality often intrudes on fantasy worlds.  Get used to it.