A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

8 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

This is a bummer. 

“CONFIRMED: DISNEY IS EXITING PHYSICAL MEDIA IN AUSTRALIA”

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/072523-1400

FWIW: this happened three years ago in Brazil already but never made the news. Hell, Disney makes it hard for us to even purchase their films via streaming through Apple, Google, Amazon or any platform. We just can’t buy their films, period, unless we import it from the US. I’d happily buy them digitally, but I’m literally not allowed to.

Avatar 2 is available for digital purchase, but I was unable to buy any Marvel Studios film not made by Sony since Avengers: Endgame (likely because Fox agreements with Cameron are different). I’m not sure what is the reasoning here, if this is about making Disney+ too valuable to consumers that the app becomes a must, but if it’s happening in Australia too, I wonder if this will slowly become the norm.

And if that’s the case this sucks.

• ...wtf 1

I’d really love to have the Infinity Saga box set, because the idea of having all of the MCU films in 4K is too enticing.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Studios-Infinity-Collectors-Exclusive/dp/B088L5P2XH

But like, US$ 1.490,00 and that without shipping it’s simply cost prohibitive. That’s like an used car and that’s not taking import taxes in consideration. I’m a MCU fan but I’m not burning money - yet.

55 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

This is a bummer. 

Was gonna post about this earlier in the day, but stopped since the initial source (Sanity Australia's Facebook page) had deleted info in their end and I didn't want to spread potential misinformation/FUD.

One can imagine how I feel about this news. :--/

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

^^ Yeah, the article mentions how Disney’s done this in most of Latin America. They expect you to buy through an international retailer if you actually want to get a physical disc. 

"International retailer" is a weird name for that one guy in that hostel room who has a Blu-ray burner and sells 10 blurays for 9.99 and an ounce of Marijuana.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

This is a bummer. 

Physical media buyers are completely screwed in the next few years. Be sure to buy your favorite WDAS, Pixar, Star Wars, and MCU films on 4K/Blu ASAP before Disney stops selling them and forcing you to subscribe to D+.

10 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’d really love to have the Infinity Saga box set, because the idea of having all of the MCU films in 4K is too enticing.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Studios-Infinity-Collectors-Exclusive/dp/B088L5P2XH

But like, US$ 1.490,00 and that without shipping it’s simply cost prohibitive. That’s like an used car and that’s not taking import taxes in consideration. I’m a MCU fan but I’m not burning money - yet.

I'm 99% sure you can probably find that for a fraction of the price on ebay or something. Amazon Jack's the price right up for out of print unsold items, that Mario 3 game set on switch from a few years back is £160 there at the moment here. 

8 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

I just wanted to say. Secret invasion is probably the worst show I've watched this year and absolutely garbage.

The Marvels wishes Secret Invasion wasn't such a bad lead up to the movie!:hahaha:

• Like 2

Yeah Secret Invasion was disappointing, especially the final episode. I agree with Richard Newby 100% here:

The silver lining here is that it made me love She-Hulk even more, if anything for preemptively trashing this with their final episode:

13 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'm 99% sure you can probably find that for a fraction of the price on ebay or something. Amazon Jack's the price right up for out of print unsold items, that Mario 3 game set on switch from a few years back is £160 there at the moment here. 

Unfortunately, I looked it up and didn’t find anything. I will try to look for a version of Vol. 3 with PT-Br subtitles (I don’t personally need them, but do like rewatching films with friends and friends) and order that to see what happens. I never owned a 4K Blu-ray because they aren’t released here btw, so the best image I always get is Apple TV’s 4K, which is already leaps and bounds better than regular Blu-ray, I do wonder if I’ll spot that many differences.

Remember how everybody was happy that Feige got to rule all Marvel? Turns out we were all wrong. Marvel Studios doesn't know how to make tv. Should be kicked out of tv forever. Give this stuff to professionals. And usually when Disney spends 200m+ on a project you can see it, this time I would check all the people who made it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, InVy said:

Remember how everybody was happy that Feige got to rule all Marvel? Turns out we were all wrong. Marvel Studios doesn't know how to make tv. Should be kicked out of tv forever. Give this stuff to professionals. And usually when Disney spends 200m+ on a project you can see it, this time I would check all the people who made it.

God was this show terrible. I wasted 6 hours watching this. This is the stuff that makes it really hard to defend the current MCU. Like what are they even doing?  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

God was this show terrible. I wasted 6 hours watching this. This is the stuff that makes it really hard to defend the current MCU. Like what are they even doing?  

Makes me love James Gunn even more  that he made something as great as Guardians 3. 

1. Loki
2. WandaVision
3. She-Hulk
4. Ms. Marvel
5. Hawkeye
6. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
7. What If…
8. Moon Knight
9. Secret Invasion

She-Hulk is trending, btw. My gal is finally getting the acknowledgement that she has always deserved. Better later than never.

• Like 1