A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

13 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I mean, Disney isn't above shutting down nostalgically beloved assets if they're not profitable, They were very close to doing that with WDA in the 2000s. They may not be in imminent danger of that kind of dramatic move at the moment, but I don't even want to see their brand power diluted to the point where it does become a realistic possibility.

However little existential danger the studios might be in right now, I don't think one should dismiss just how rough the last few years have been for them. If Elemental and Wish do break out I'll be more than happy to shut up about this but I do think this is the most vulnerable position they've both been in since that volatile mid 2000s era.

Disney are in a much better place now than the mid 2000s. The company has the biggest film of 2022 in Avatar and to dismiss WDAS as a nostalgic asset is a bit amiss, it's literally the reason they exist and celebrating 100 years today, there is no chance the house that Walt built is going to be torn down, they've had downturns in their history and none of those involved killing off an asset that is their legacy.

All studios goes through periods of feast and famine, it just the nature of the business. 

• Like 1

Disney insiders have acknowledged recent box office woes were exacerbated by confusion in the marketplace from families who were trained during the pandemic just to wait for animated features to end up on Disney+. There is talk of longer theatrical windows for Elemental (June 16) and Disney Animation’s Wish (Nov. 22) in hopes of luring families back to theaters.

FINALLY, Disney. Finally.

Although I do not think we'll see the effects right away. I hope ELEMENTAL still does good numbers. June is a very, very competitive month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Cancel IronHeart. Her character was incredibly underwhelming in WF and Marvel doesn't need more low quality shows damaging their brand. They can still use the character, just don't dedicate an entire series to it. 

I thought  Iron Heart was great in WF. Many people responded well to her. Now does she need a show to herself? No, I don´t think so. But the show being delayed to space out stuff and work more in post-production makes it more likely that the quality can be better than what it would have been. But they aren´t going to cancel a show that they have spent so much money on already. In my opinion Iron Heart is perfect for D+. Smaller known character are perfect for D+. The problem is that those kinda shows should be 1-2 a year max. When you have 3-4 shows a year for small characters like that it becomes too much and no reason to watch. 

39 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Disney insiders have acknowledged recent box office woes were exacerbated by confusion in the marketplace from families who were trained during the pandemic just to wait for animated features to end up on Disney+. There is talk of longer theatrical windows for Elemental (June 16) and Disney Animation’s Wish (Nov. 22) in hopes of luring families back to theaters.

Although I do not think we'll see the effects right away. I hope ELEMENTAL still does good numbers. June is a very, very competitive month.

It'll need good word of mouth. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Hopes this extents to MCU movies aswell. No more 45 days bs please

• Like 2