A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

17 hours ago, excel1 said:

Messaging. They must improve messaging. The ultra libs constantly nitpicking things to death need to get in line. 

It's hard to message when the price for almost everything at the grocery store is skyrocketing.

40 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's hard to message when the price for almost everything at the grocery store is skyrocketing.

This should - obviously - be combatted by stating that in addition to grocery store prices skyrocketing, home values have skyrocketed, incomes have skyrocketed - particularly among lower classes, savings and retirement accounts have skyrocketed, etc. Networths have skyrocketed for many people and the gains there far outweigh any price increases in retail. That the recovery has happened as quickly as it has is almost difficult to believe. It may have even be too quick - dumb, greedy people are not appreciating it nearly as much as they should be. Things could be so , so much worse. The supply chain was always going to be the last thing to recover form Covid and will get better. 

Shove the messaging down their throat. Incredible employment number. Unimaginable wage-gains for the lowest working classes. Record stock markets. The best economy in the world, even better than before Covid. The reversal of fortune from spring 2020 to spring 2022 is beyond imagination. Plus, infrastructure renewal coming. Russia seemingly defeated/stunted in Ukraine without compromising the safety of one American military member. Biden really just needs to deliver on one of the BIG ultra Liberal desires - student loans seem like the obvious one at this point - and I suspect everyone will get on board. I am not a Dem, BTW.  True Independent totally open to the right Republican candidates. I just don't know any sane, rational, reasonable person could look at the Biden admin thus far and be anything other than highly impressed with economic handling and mostly impressed everywhere else. 

Stay on-message and out of these unwinnable culture wars. Bob Chapek should have known better than to even attempt to weigh on this to begin with. How hard would have been to say "Disney has always welcomed people from every background and wall walks of life. We will support everyone in their quest live their happiest life" and left it at that?

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I tried hiring a bouncy castle for my nephews birthday but the price has doubled in a year. They just said 'that's inflation for you'

20 hours ago, excel1 said:

This should - obviously - be combatted by stating that in addition to grocery store prices skyrocketing, home values have skyrocketed, incomes have skyrocketed - particularly among lower classes, savings and retirement accounts have skyrocketed, etc. Networths have skyrocketed for many people and the gains there far outweigh any price increases in retail. That the recovery has happened as quickly as it has is almost difficult to believe. It may have even be too quick - dumb, greedy people are not appreciating it nearly as much as they should be. Things could be so , so much worse. The supply chain was always going to be the last thing to recover form Covid and will get better. 

Shove the messaging down their throat. Incredible employment number. Unimaginable wage-gains for the lowest working classes. Record stock markets. The best economy in the world, even better than before Covid. The reversal of fortune from spring 2020 to spring 2022 is beyond imagination. Plus, infrastructure renewal coming. Russia seemingly defeated/stunted in Ukraine without compromising the safety of one American military member. Biden really just needs to deliver on one of the BIG ultra Liberal desires - student loans seem like the obvious one at this point - and I suspect everyone will get on board. I am not a Dem, BTW.  True Independent totally open to the right Republican candidates. I just don't know any sane, rational, reasonable person could look at the Biden admin thus far and be anything other than highly impressed with economic handling and mostly impressed everywhere else. 

Stay on-message and out of these unwinnable culture wars. Bob Chapek should have known better than to even attempt to weigh on this to begin with. How hard would have been to say "Disney has always welcomed people from every background and wall walks of life. We will support everyone in their quest live their happiest life" and left it at that?

Well, if net worths have skyrocketed, then Dems should rout the GOP this fall.

If Disney had a theatrical lineup like this, every year, would it be overkill? Or to much? Same thing 

As a Disney fan, it boggles me how much of a pathetic studio Lucasfilm is. Hope 2023 is the start of something. I think there should be 2 movies a year. If Marvel Studios can put out 4, they should have 2. 

Disney Live-Actions : 2 Per Year
Disney Animations : 2 Per Year
Pixar Animations : 2 Per Year
Marvel Studios : 4 Per Year
LucasFilm : 2 Per Year
20th Century : 3 Per Year
Searchlight Pictures : 3 Per Year

- January 13th (20th Century) 
- February 3rd (Marvel Studios) 
- February 17th (Searchlight) 
- March 3rd (Disney Animation) 
- March 24th (Disney Live-Action) 
- April 14th (20th Century) 
- May 5th (Marvel Studios) 
- May 26th (Disney Live-Action) 
- June 16th (Pixar Animation) 
- July 7th (Marvel Studios) 
- July 28th (LucasFilm) 
- August 11th (Searchlight) 
- September 1st (Pixar Animation) 
- October 13th (20th Century) 
- November 3rd (Marvel Studios) 
- November 24th (Disney Animation) 
- December 8th (Searchlight) 
- December 22nd (LucasFilm) 

- January 12th (20th Century) 
- February 2nd (Marvel Studios) 
- February 16th (Searchlight) 
- March 1st (Disney Animation) 
- March 22nd (Disney Live-Action) 
- April 12th (20th Century) 
- May 3rd (Marvel Studios) 
- May 24th (LucasFilm) 
- June 14th (Pixar Animation) 
- July 5th (Marvel Studios) 
- July 26th (Disney Live-Action) 
- August 9th (Searchlight) 
- September 6th (Pixar Animation) 
- October 11th (LucasFilm) 
- November 1st (Marvel Studios)
- November 22nd (Disney Animation) 
- December 6th (Searchlight) 
- December 20th (20th Century - Avatar) 

2 hours ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

If Disney had a theatrical lineup like this, every year, would it be overkill? Or to much? Same thing 

As a Disney fan, it boggles me how much of a pathetic studio Lucasfilm is. Hope 2023 is the start of something. I think there should be 2 movies a year. If Marvel Studios can put out 4, they should have 2. 

- July 28th (LucasFilm) 

- May 24th (LucasFilm) 

I will not allow anyone to badmouth Lucasfilm today when they got a deal done to get Ron Gilbert to make another Monkey Island game that's coming out this year. Yes I know it's not a movie and technically separate, but today we should all give Lucasfilm a pass since a miracle has happened.

10 hours ago, brothernero said:

Well, if net worths have skyrocketed, then Dems should rout the GOP this fall.

Too many have deluded themselves into thinking the sky is perennially falling. America has a serious intelligence / education issue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

- July 28th (LucasFilm) 

- May 24th (LucasFilm) 

No. lucasfilm should only put out films when they have a story actually epic enough to put on the big screen. Everything else should stay on Disney plus. Too much Star Wars is not sustainable. It needs to feel special.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2022 at 4:14 PM, Porthos said:

Presented without comment.

(coz folks should know what my comment is)

I thought the woman in the picture was the gay man the article was about til I read the article 👀

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

No. lucasfilm should only put out films when they have a story actually epic enough to put on the big screen. Everything else should stay on Disney plus. Too much Star Wars is not sustainable. It needs to feel special.

Oh Cmon. If LucasFilm wanted, they could literally just hire writters to write epic enough stories. 

It's clear that Kennedy is a huge problem in this company. I was just forgetting but we don't even know if Rogue Squadron is happening because once again, Kennedy and her dumb creative differences. 

I never saw such a difficult studio. They literally have the High Republic to work with, span through 220 years. I don't even know how this studio works. 

Marvel Studios has a vision and a path, and hires writters to write a script for their ideas.

Is this how LucasFilm works? Or does Kennedy wait for good scripts to get out of nowhere on her table? And then she picks one? And then boom. Creative differences shall rise. 

On 4/3/2022 at 10:33 PM, excel1 said:

Are you Jen Rubin from WaPo?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Oh Cmon. If LucasFilm wanted, they could literally just hire writters to write epic enough stories. 

It's clear that Kennedy is a huge problem in this company. I was just forgetting but we don't even know if Rogue Squadron is happening because once again, Kennedy and her dumb creative differences. 

I never saw such a difficult studio. They literally have the High Republic to work with, span through 220 years. I don't even know how this studio works. 

Marvel Studios has a vision and a path, and hires writters to write a script for their ideas.

Is this how LucasFilm works? Or does Kennedy wait for good scripts to get out of nowhere on her table? And then she picks one? And then boom. Creative differences shall rise. 

Disney in making the new star wars film is like if you renovate a house and got 3 different contractors and suprised why nothing matches or goes together properly. 

SW brand is lucky the OT and prequel lore is very popular with the fanbase.

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 3