A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

On 6/6/2023 at 4:44 PM, CloneWars said:

Cultural Battle??? You mean standing up for LGBTQ and trans rights. Well, excuse me if you think that's a nail in the coffin for Disney. Now, that I got that off my chest, there was a study that found 71% of Americans and 89% ages 18-29 support LGBTQ rights. Supporting trans people and gay people is not some far ultra left agenda. And maybe they've lost some supporters, but it's like coming out against racism in the 60s and losing money from racists. At some point, you have to take a stand, and it's better to be on the right side of history.

You were always one of my favorites of BOT. Extremely well said.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Don't really have the time to go to each and every movie's thread but Disney just moved around a whole bunch of movies (Star Wars, Marvel, Avatar, and Summer 2025 for the live-action Moana).

Disney Dates Star Wars Movie, Delays Marvel, Avatar Sequels Release Dates - Variety

Wow, I expected Avatar 4 and 5 to be delayed but I didn't expect 3 to get pushed back. Hoping BTSV can claim the Dec 2024 slot now.

Just now, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Wow, I expected Avatar 4 and 5 to be delayed but I didn't expect 3 to get pushed back. Hoping BTSV can claim the Dec 2024 slot now.

disney moved thunderbolts to that date

3 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Beyond would do double Thunderbolts.

it also wouldn't get all the premium screens as sonic 3 and now thunderbolts likely have contracts in place, better to feast in an empty april (assuming it makes the date) plus it has very direct demo crossover with the movies i mentioned

Jesus Christ those Avatar dates. 

Also...at this point they should just give up on Kang.

Deadpool must be WELL on its way if they're bringing it forward that much. It could be they're just gonna rely on it being hyped more than anything else on their immediate slate, even if the strike affects the end product.

• Like 1

05.03 DEADPOOL III

07.26 CAPTAIN AMERICA: BRAVE NEW WORLD

08.16 ALIEN

11.08 THE AMATEUR

12.20 THUNDERBOLTS

02.14 BLADE

03.21 UNTITLED DISNEY

05.02 FANTASTIC FOUR

06.27 MOANA

07.25 UNTITLED DISNEY

08.08 UNTITLED DISNEY

11.07 UNTITLED DISNEY

12.19 AVATAR III

05.01 AVENGERS: KANG DYNASTY

05.22 UNTITLED STAR WARS 🤯

12.18 UNTITLED STAR WARS 🤯

05.07 AVENGERS: SECRET WARS

12.21 AVATAR IV

12.19 AVATAR V

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

it also wouldn't get all the premium screens as sonic 3 and now thunderbolts likely have contracts in place, better to feast in an empty april (assuming it makes the date) plus it has very direct demo crossover with the movies i mentioned

Holy shit, I just realized Avatar 3 being replaced with Thunderbolts will help Sonic 3 immensely, assuming that one doesn't get pushed too. Paramount had better hope this strike is over soon, because this could be a great window for it if it lives up to the last movie.