A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

12 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

Marvel is in shambles right now. That article is pretty scathing of the dysfunction. That Blade script sounds horrendously bad.

The TV series are the crux of the issues. Feige is one man and and its too much content.

Drop them. Get back to basics and just stick with films. 

Also retool stuff like Thunderbolts top to bottom or toss it out. That line up of characters is beyond sad.

Agree.

Scrap a lot of this garbage. Hurry up to Secret Wars and reboot. Lessons learned from these past few years. The big about Blade and the TV side is telling.

I wouldn't let Feige slide either. He is the one who greenlit the ending of WV and didn't want Strange there because "the white man telling the woman and blah blah", but in this case it made perfect sense to have him there. 

Edited by AnotherDayAnotherDollar

9 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

hey if it means DOOM as the main villain for secret wars, I don't care if they drop and like a sack of rocks

I mean, there was never an ounce of possibility that Doom wouldn’t be the villain in Secret Wars. That’s not really a spoiler, it’s Marvel’s most famous saga. As for Kang, there is a solution that @Arlbornsuggested but I think it would be a waste of the character and the storyline that is ongoing in the MCU. There are three perfect candidates to take over as Kang based in the Loki series itself, you don’t even really need a recast. They are all there in Loki’s season 2.

Edited by ZattMurdock

9 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

I'm going to keep pushing this idea until it becomes a reality lol, just have their new villain show up and slaughter the Council of Kangs. This whole problem could be solved in a single post-credits scene. At the end of it, the Kang Dynasty logo pops up, the "Kang" part turns to dust and is replaced by "Doom" or whatever they want to call it.

You're overthinking it. I think it just means A: they recast Kang, or B: Kang is only the villain of Kang Dynasty and not Secret Wars.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

I mean, there was never an ounce of possibility that Doom wouldn’t be the villain in Secret Wars. That’s not really a spoiler, it’s Marvel’s most famous saga. As for Kang

aslan-do-not-cite-the-ancient-magic-to-m

anyways, just push back secret war indefinitely and have Kang Dynasty be kang's ultimate fall, have it soft reboot due to time travel shenanigans and set up doom for secret wars 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean I don't see the point in complaining about a draft of Blade the article explicitly says is not being used. If it's bad...then it's good that they're doing something else.

Complaining or not it needs to be talked about.

Marvel had a script where Blade was going to be about a group of women lecturing Eric and dude was going to be the fourth lead of his own movie.

No wonder Ali was about to walk out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

You're overthinking it. I think it just means A: they recast Kang, or B: Kang is only the villain of Kang Dynasty and not Secret Wars.

That is a simple and possible solution and I wouldn't be surprised if they go that direction. However, I don't think Kang has landed very well with the fandom. Half the time when he comes up it's to talk about how he got beat up by a bunch of ants.

2 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

That is a simple and possible solution and I wouldn't be surprised if they go that direction. However, I don't think Kang has landed very well with the fandom. Half the time when he comes up it's to talk about how he got beat up by a bunch of ants.

Everyone seems to like Timely and He Who remains. People made fun of Thanos being a guy in a chair for years. Even the Team Thor short Marvel made did it.

5 minutes ago, YM! said:

I think they should recast the domestic abuser.

You are misunderstanding me. Kang is whoever Marvel tells us he/she is. There is some things happening in Loki that leads me to think that you don’t really need to to recast him at all. The answer might be there at the show all along. It doesn’t involve Majors.

Edited by ZattMurdock

19 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

Marvel is in shambles right now. That article is pretty scathing of the dysfunction. That Blade script sounds horrendously bad.

The TV series are the crux of the issues. Feige is one man and and its too much content.

Drop them. Get back to basics and just stick with films. 

Also retool stuff like Thunderbolts top to bottom or toss it out. That line up of characters is beyond sad.

They've already started to retool the TV department, have you seen what is happening to the Deadpool show? They're finally letting the TV shows be TV shows with a normal showrunner structure, rather than the mess of oversized movies that they were before. Great step in the right direction.

19 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

I'm going to keep pushing this idea until it becomes a reality lol, just have their new villain show up and slaughter the Council of Kangs. This whole problem could be solved in a single post-credits scene. At the end of it, the Kang Dynasty logo pops up, the "Kang" part turns to dust and is replaced by "Doom" or whatever they want to call it.

That would be a pretty funny ending to Kang, but I doubt that is happening. I agree though that Kang dying or not, Majors is out after Loki S2. They all saw what happened to the Flash and how Ezra's drama affected it, they would be very stupid to keep Majors after that.

I wonder what solution they'll choose though, that might end up having far-reaching consequences all over the universe. Remember, The Marvels is already teasing storylines of the next few movies, so they'll have to walk a fine line there with changes.

47 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So lower budgets, recasting Majors if they need to, and visual effects. Pretty much all the things I predicted!

Lower budgets are very much needed. Secret Invasion and She-Hulk were way too expensive. She-Hulk was at least talked about, elicited responses of love and hate, had a media presence, etc. 25M per episode is nuts though.

Secret Invasion was met with a lot of indifference, hundreds of millions thrown at that, horrible decision.

4 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Exception being Thanos ass wasn't wooped  twice by literal nobodies on the power scale .

Raw strength or cosmic powers was never Kang’s thing. Kang’s biggest assets has always been intelligence and… misdirection. Which would fit like a glove if they opt for a recast. 

Remember, through the multiverse not every person look the same:

deobia-oparei-jack-veal-richard-e-grant-