ecstasy

Monday Box Office 5/12/2014 Neighbors $4,443,045- 61.9% Drop.

Also, CATWS 7th weekend will be vs Godzilla. IM3 was vs MoS and it fell -48.6%. Godzilla even with the hype is no MoS.

Iron Man 3 also had bigger w/e drops every weekend and was losing more theaters.  By the 7th w/e it dropped about 28% of it's theaters-  2,351 to 1,649.  So better weekly holds, more theaters and probably a better retention of theaters considering the competition I wouldn't be surprised by a drop around 30% and a $4m w/e unless Godzilla goes crazy.

• Like 1

That's the question, isn't it?

I don't think you can attribute Garfield and Stone's performance in this doing poorly domestically anymore than you can attribute Maguire and Dunst's performances in the originals doing extremely well.

So I think it's a question that can't really be gauged.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 2

I don't think you can attribute Garfield and Stone's performance in this doing poorly domestically anymore than you can attribute Maguire and Dunst's performances in the originals doing extremely well.

So I think it's a pointless question.

IT WAS A YOKE.

• Like 2

one domestic top 5 from each month. I have a feeling that will change soon.

You know it's been a good year for box office when it's not just 1 or 2 months holding all the hits. That's a very impressive statistic even though it won't last much longer.
  • Like 1

You know it's been a good year for box office when it's not just 1 or 2 months holding all the hits. That's a very impressive statistic even though it won't last much longer.

Best thing about this year is that the number of high profile sequels are very less. Instead, we are getting lot of good movies with original storylines. This might not be a great year for studios due to the lack of billion dollar movies (with the exception of transformers or some Frozen like surprises), but for a normal movie goer, there are lot to cheer about.

Anyways life will be back to normal from next year with raining sequels and reboots.

Edited by samsha22
  • Like 1

Last Monday's theater avengers:

TOW - $321

CATWS - $161

This Monday's theater averages:

TOW - $217

CATWS - $152

$104 drop for TOW, but only $9 drop for CATWS. That's simply stunning.

I have not altered post #14.

I like the subtle accidental switch your brain/fingers did here.  :D

TASM his going to fall behind TDW by this time next week. Probably be 51-53% drop this weekend. 

• Like 2

I have not altered post #14.

I like the subtle accidental switch your brain/fingers did here.  :D

TASM his going to fall behind TDW by this time next week. Probably be 51-53% drop this weekend. 

I blame Loki

• Like 2