ecstasy

Monday Box Office 5/12/2014 Neighbors $4,443,045- 61.9% Drop.

just got back from neighbors. was ok/meh. had a few good moments. of the recent r-rated comedies i have watched, i would rank them as:

this is the end

horrible bosses

millers, bridesmaids

neighbors

heat

<gap>

identity thief

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/05/13/can-the-amazing-spider-man-2-catch-captain-america.aspx

Can 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Catch 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' at the Box Office?

By Keith Noonan | More Articles May 13, 2014 | Comments (3)

Source: TheAmazingSpiderMan.com

Spider-Man has a new rival. The famous webhead once stood as the most commercially powerful superhero, but a franchise reboot in conjunction with the rise of other comic book properties have made the character decidedly less super. In terms of popularity, Sony's (NYSE: SNE  ) Spider-Man has been eclipsed by heavy-hitters Batman and Iron-Man. More surprisingly, global box office haul suggests that Captain America may currently have more commercial appeal than Peter Parker and his spidery antics.

After two weekends at the American box office, The Amazing Spider-Man 2's performance is looking far from spectacular. Conversely, Disney's (NYSE: DIS  Captain America: The Winter Soldier is an unqualified hit and currently stands as the year's biggest earner. Sony's superhero picture is performing better than Cap's second outing in overseas markets, but that advantage might not be enough to drive the film to higher overall earnings. Can Amazing Spider-Man 2 catch Captain America: The Winter Soldier at the box office?

Hats off to the Cap

• Like 2

Neighbors sold out every show tonight from 7pm on.

Holy Moly! I saw a Twitter post referencing a sell out saying that Neighbors was sold out and they saw Cap 2 instead. Now I know where the hot business is. That is amazing. Can't wait to see what the increase will be for today.

• Like 3

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/05/13/can-the-amazing-spider-man-2-catch-captain-america.aspx

Can 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Catch 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' at the Box Office?

By Keith Noonan | More Articles May 13, 2014 | Comments (3)

Source: TheAmazingSpiderMan.com

Spider-Man has a new rival. The famous webhead once stood as the most commercially powerful superhero, but a franchise reboot in conjunction with the rise of other comic book properties have made the character decidedly less super. In terms of popularity, Sony's (NYSE: SNE  ) Spider-Man has been eclipsed by heavy-hitters Batman and Iron-Man. More surprisingly, global box office haul suggests that Captain America may currently have more commercial appeal than Peter Parker and his spidery antics.

After two weekends at the American box office, The Amazing Spider-Man 2's performance is looking far from spectacular. Conversely, Disney's (NYSE: DIS  Captain America: The Winter Soldier is an unqualified hit and currently stands as the year's biggest earner. Sony's superhero picture is performing better than Cap's second outing in overseas markets, but that advantage might not be enough to drive the film to higher overall earnings. Can Amazing Spider-Man 2 catch Captain America: The Winter Soldier at the box office?

Hats off to the Cap

Domestic there's no chance. WW, I think it most likely will, depending on the hold in China and a few other major markets.

But the WW total of the two will be close. Definitely a lot closer than all of us here would think 2 months ago.

• Like 3

Domestic there's no chance. WW, I think it most likely will, depending on the hold in China and a few other major markets.But the WW total of the two will be close. Definitely a lot closer than all of us here would think 2 months ago.

So True Sam. So so true. I'm so happy for Cap 2. 

• Like 3

Holy Moly! I saw a Twitter post referencing a sell out saying that Neighbors was sold out and they saw Cap 2 instead. Now I know where the hot business is. That is amazing. Can't wait to see what the increase will be for today.

Me and my brother had to go to the drive-in to see it.  Neighbors played with TOW and there was something like 70 cars.  ASM2 played with HIFR and there were (not kidding) 5 cars.  

• Like 5

Yeah, I heard from my friends about sell-outs and crowded theaters too when they went to see it today. I'm gonna learn from that and go see the movie tomorrow during matinee hours. Gotta go see dat Seth Rogen's 1-pack abs.
  • Like 2

Me and my brother had to go to the drive-in to see it.  Neighbors played with TOW and there was something like 70 cars.  ASM2 played with HIFR and there were (not kidding) 5 cars.  

Whoa! LOL Poor Spidey. That's a good match up though. TOW with Neighbors. Win Win.

• Like 2

Yeah, I heard from my friends about sell-outs and crowded theaters too when they went to see it today.I'm gonna learn from that and go see the movie tomorrow during matinee hours. Gotta go see dat Seth Rogen's 1-pack abs.

Wow. That's crazy. Tuesday should be big then.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I believe everyone's favourite film for weekday numbers has finished it run [well it's not been tracked since last Thursday]

The Nut Job

Good riddance, really. That joke died a looooong time back and then its corpse got dragged across the weekday threads for months on end. 

• Like 1

just got back from neighbors. was ok/meh. had a few good moments. of the recent r-rated comedies i have watched, i would rank them as:

this is the end

horrible bosses

millers, bridesmaids

neighbors

heat

<gap>

identity thief

For me it was 

Neighbors

This is the End

Anchorman2

At Worlds End

Horrible Bosses

Millers

Heat

Identity Theft

• Like 1

CA2 has averaged 41% drops across all weekends.  While the middays are decent, Godzilla will sting.  Still, $260+ is nothing to sneeze at.  Also, if Transformers bombs critically and from WOM (I mean, if it REALLY sucks), it might not get to $260m and CA2 will win the summer.  

• Like 1

Yeah, but what will I post to get likes, now?

post grieving the loss of the Nut Job from theaters.  It was truly a movie before its time.  From the squirrels to the nuts it was struck down before its prime.  Though its glorious numbers will grace us no more it will live on in our hearts and our dreams.  So long Nut Job you pass beyond the veil lost to us now but not forgotten *sniff* never forgotten  :'(

• Like 3