CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

9 hours ago, Stormagden said:

I feel like beauty and the beast will be like lego batman where everyone keeps over predicting it with 80m or even 100m OW then it does much less, but is still a success.

Lol, 100m OW is the low range for it.  Some people are low balling this because it's not aimed at their demographic.

Edited by The Panda

On 2/17/2017 at 5:58 PM, Telemachos said:

I don't have the exact details of how it was finished, but in all likelihood a 70mm exhibition would have basically no advantages over a digitally-projected one. (A 4K finish isn't going to have the resolution to take advantage of 70mm). 

That's a relief, now I don't feel bad about not being within 200 miles of it playing.

Haven't seen a single clip or featurette, but unless something has escaped my notice, I think the last true trailer being in November did not really help the lack of awareness ordinary people have for this.

Spoiler

Wish I could have totally avoided the spoilers for the after credit scene. Thanks Screenrant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Morieris said:

That's a relief, now I don't feel bad about not being within 200 miles of it playing.

Haven't seen a single clip or featurette, but unless something has escaped my notice, I think the last true trailer being in November did not really help the lack of awareness ordinary people have for this.

Reveal hidden contents

I think that was a mistake too. The movie had four months left before its release. Beauty and the Beast and Logan only recently revealed their last trailers. I think it was early this month or late last month....or I could be wrong. I don't remember.

I also agree about the spoiler'd comment. I hate that news websites are just carelessly putting that in their headlines. They are all fucking amateurs.

21 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Kong and Logan will both be better films than Beauty and the Beast.

However the Disney bias is at all-time levels right now. It's reaching Apple dickriding levels. 

This. Fell asleep half through Jungle Book. 

Edited by Heat Vision

4 hours ago, The Panda said:

Lol, 100m OW is the low range for it.  Some people are low balling this because it's not aimed at their demographic.

That was for lego batman, people think Beauty could hit 160-200. Its beiing compared to comic book movies but that could mean anytjing from green lantern to avengers. Most comic book movies open with 100m with the exception to Batman and Avengers.

2 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Why? Just asking. I've seen trailers in front of college games.

Kong: Skull Island is released on March 10th. March Madness starts in the middle of the month.

Theoretically, they could use it to boost awareness of the film, but I don't see why they'd bother after the film's release date.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

Ooooooo. What's in the box?

If I had to guess, it's probably going to be an attraction set to promote the film. A similar thing was done for Godzilla in Japan some time before its release in that market.

Turns out I was correct: 

https://www.madametussauds.com/london/en/latest-news/whats-coming-next/monstrous-delivery-arrives-at-madame-tussauds-london/

Edited by NoobSaibot