CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

18 minutes ago, Morieris said:

If you've seen 'em, What are the deleted scenes about / who's in them???

I only buy digital so I don't get that stuff included unfortunately. Sorry I can't help. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cax16 said:

I only buy digital so I don't get that stuff included unfortunately. Sorry I can't help. 

No problem :)

In retrospect I had completely forgotten that digital comes out a month before the actual physical release.

• Like 1

Hmmm, it seems Vogt-Roberts got a bit worked up about a comedic stripdown of his Kong masterpiece by Cinema Sins. I understand that some artists see the results coming from their art as their babies and tend to defend it tooth and nail (like every good mother would) but... jeeez.

https://twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/897507095632723969

1 hour ago, incognitoo said:

Hmmm, it seems Vogt-Roberts got a bit worked up about a comedic stripdown of his Kong masterpiece by Cinema Sins. I understand that some artists see the results coming from their art as their babies and tend to defend it tooth and nail (like every good mother would) but... jeeez.

When will Hollywood and the directors and writers finally understand that CinemaSins is only doing it for comedy :rofl: I loved Kong, but i knew, that these guys would rip it apart and i loved that too.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

He is right though, Cinema Sins is pointless.

Imagine if you made a movie and the title is EVERYTHING BAD about your movie. And the first two sins are. it Says South Pacific, and the first shot of a Kong movie is the sun? Thats 3 seconds into a 18 minute video. 

They don't even watch the movies thats the issue he has. They flat out say WHY DOES THIS MOVIE TAKE PLACE in the 70s and why IS THERE AN ISLAND THEY ARE JUST FINDING NOW. I would be pissed too (however you guys are blowing his statements out of the water). They get character names wrong too.

First off they make it very clear how and its actually a true historical thing, oh and its also a king kong movie you fucks, you cant say finding an uncharted island is a Flaw.......

Thats not playful fun, its straight up just annoying and as a filmmaker the issue is they come off like people who doest actually understand the process of translating/making a movie work.

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Imagine if you made a movie and the title is EVERYTHING BAD about your movie. And the first two sins are. it Says South Pacific, and the first shot of a Kong movie is the sun? Thats 3 seconds into a 18 minute video. 

They don't even watch the movies thats the issue he has. They flat out say WHY DOES THIS MOVIE TAKE PLACE in the 70s and why IS THERE AN ISLAND THEY ARE JUST FINDING NOW. I would be pissed too (however you guys are blowing his statements out of the water). They get character names wrong too.

First off they make it very clear how and its actually a true historical thing, oh and its also a king kong movie you fucks, you cant say finding an uncharted island is a Flaw.......

Thats not playful fun, its straight up just annoying and as a filmmaker the issue is they come off like people who doest actually understand the process of translating/making a movie work.

They are just jokes he adds sins for nothing it's just nitpicking for the fun of it, it's not real criticism. Complaints against come off as thin skinned and cry baby ish 

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

When will Hollywood and the directors and writers finally understand that CinemaSins is only doing it for comedy :rofl: I loved Kong, but i knew, that these guys would rip it apart and i loved that too.

Yep, it's all just for shit and giggles. Nothing to get so worked up about. I mean, I love Kong too for what it is (a modern equivalent for 70s sunday martinee man-in-suit monster movies), but I wouldn't dare to call it art in the sense I would call 2001, Rashomon or Lawrence of Arabia art. Vogt-Roberts even went so far to suggest that outlets like CS haven't any right to exist as all they do is feed of his art. Wierd.

I thought he was still going when this was bumped.

Haven't checked out this particular video - was there another "______ isn't my girlfriend *sin!*" or "__________ would be great at Cinema Sins *sin!*"

Having someone be nitpicky about something you did is annoying but I don't know how anyone would consider it wholly serious with stuff like that.

10 minutes ago, Morieris said:

but I don't know how anyone would consider it wholly serious with stuff like that.

I think it would happen if filmmakers ever heard cinemasins point from the mouth of someone else, the RLM of the SW prequels for example did influence the views of those movies for many people and when they are talked about the points they made are often heard (they are almost the definitive take on them).

If that is the case for any sins from cinemasins, if you ever read/heard a conversation of your movies that seem to have been influenced by those videos (watched by millions) it start to be serious (has serious anything movie legacy related can be)

Is idea is that even if he hide behind the boobs meme, not nude, etc... it make it look like/sound has if it was full on non-jokes in them has if they were mixed with serious film critics points in them, he is not going 100% jokes and if he want to mixed with some serious filmmaking flaw he should do it seriously like RLM.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I think it would happen if filmmakers ever heard cinemasins point from the mouth of someone else, the RLM of the SW prequels for example did influence the views of those movies for many people and when they are talked about the points they made are often heard (they are almost the definitive take on them).

If that is the case for any sins from cinemasins, if you ever read/heard a conversation of your movies that seem to have been influenced by those videos (watched by millions) it start to be serious (has serious anything movie legacy related can be)

Is idea is that even if he hide behind the boobs meme, not nude, etc... it make it look like/sound has if it was full on non-jokes in them has if they were mixed with serious film critics points in them, he is not going 100% jokes and if he want to mixed with some serious filmmaking flaw he should do it seriously like RLM.

Hmm, what you are basically saying is: because there are people out there who aren't able to distinguish between a "jokel sin" and an "earnest sin" and take both for granted, the show is to blame and not the people who don't understand - and therefore the show should change. In a manner, that is the same wierd logic that Vogt-Roberts tried to sell in his rants against CS. As for RLM, just because red letter media had hit their peak with the over-long prequel critiques and are doing fantastic re:views, that doesn't mean necessarily that they don't go gung-ho on other movies in a very similar way as CS (meaning, mixing well funded critic with below the belt jokels). Ghostbusters comes to my mind. Or (gnnnihihihihi) Transformers - TLK (where neither Plinkett nor HitB nor re:view did an review at all - besides saying/suggesting "this movie is shit, so we don't waste our time reviewing it").

Ah, well, who cares. In the end, it is all a matter of personal tastes and preferences and - I repeat myself - nothing to get worked up about. All cozy.

16 minutes ago, incognitoo said:

Hmm, what you are basically saying is: because there are people out there who aren't able to distinguish between a "jokel sin" and an "earnest sin" and take both for granted, the show is to blame and not the people who don't understand - and therefore the show should change.

Other way around, because people are able to make that distinction (and thus are not considering all of them a joke and see that it is not just a joke or made just for laugh) is the issue, if they would all consider them as joke sin and never take any for granted there would be no issue. (People fully understand the joke sins, there is no trouble with them is issue is that he hide behind them to make is serious one un-argumentable and claiming that it is just a joke)

19 minutes ago, incognitoo said:

that they don't go gung-ho on other movies in a very similar way as CS (meaning, mixing well funded critic with below the belt jokels).

They certainly do, is point is went they do their well funded critics they do it well, unlike CS that is (according to him, lazy full of mistake and lack of knowledge in actual filmmaking).

9 hours ago, incognitoo said:

5 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I don't understand how anyone can watch a 5 or so minute video that does absolutely nothing but nitpick a movie a death, especially when most of the "nitpicks" are nonsensical.  Like, what is the point of those videos?  Is it supposed to be funny? Informative? Creative? Smart? "Meta"? I just don't get why those things seem to be popular.  At least Honest Trailers is occasionally funny and are clearly tongue-in-cheek goofing around unless the movie is just a flat out bad universally panned turd.

• Like 2

Jesus fucking christ the director cant take criticism judging by his twitter

The most liked comment on their Kong video. People don't see CS as humorous, period. I have seen arguments where someone embedded a CS video to prove his point in this very forum.

People get mad and/or irritated by Cinmasins because it doesn't feel like a joke (like at all) and because it fosters a culture of non-intelligent discussion.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Is Cinemasins those "eveything wrong with blank in five minutes" videos? Those look stupid as hell. Looks like a guy just reading out loud the IMDB goofs lists 

except they are like 20 minutes long now.

• Like 1