CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla Thurs: 9.3, other thurs #s also: Neighbors 3.5M, ASM2: 1.9M

when I was walking to my car after godzilla finished I overheard a guy and his young kid say this very enthusiastically with the biggest fucking smiles on their faces:

"So what did you think?"

"I thought it was rubbish!"

"Haha, YEAH!"

• Like 3

Pacific Rim was a dissapointment imo because I expected more from GDT. I was way too hyped for the movie since I've heard his name but the outcome didn't do anything for me

You know i like some of GDT's films but i just happened to look at his IMDB page the other day and honestly, his directing career has been pretty hit and miss imo, especially if you add producing credits into the mix.

when I was walking to my car after godzilla finished I overheard a guy and his young kid say this very enthusiastically with the biggest fucking smiles on their faces:

"So what did you think?"

"I thought it was rubbish!"

"Haha, YEAH!"

So, does that mean they hated it? Sorry, I don't always get English humor. 

At least PR didn't reduce the female lead to being a nurse(how original) whose only job was to react to everything and wait for her husband the military guy who just so happens to be an explosives expert who got home from duty like a week ago.

Contrived and unoriginal.

Yeah fair points, Olsen was very good though i thought.

The Godzilla reactions have really changed my outlook for the film. I've gone from "I should see it Thursday night" to "I should see it sometime over the weekend" to "I should see it next week" to "Maybe I just shouldn't see it."

• Like 2

The Godzilla reactions have really changed my outlook for the film. I've gone from "I should see it Thursday night" to "I should see it sometime over the weekend" to "I should see it next week" to "Maybe I just shouldn't see it."

Save yourself the heartache while you still can!

Pacific Rim was not that good. The characters were annoying, the action was boring, and Charlie Hunnam gave one of the most horrendous lead performances in a while. It was somewhat interesting to see it fall on its face despite the crazy overhype on the internet.  Even here where the thread for it had like 700 pages. Definitely one of the main examples of internet overhype

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Srsly?

• Like 6

You should see it. The last 20 minutes is worth seeing on the big screen.

• Like 3

See it for yourself, its definately a film thats worth seeing imo.

• Like 2

Gareth Edwards should teach classes in blockbusters. Y'ALL COULD LEARN SOMETHING.

With the amount of times he pulled away from the action just as it was about to get going, i'd say that wouldn't be a good idea!.

He'd be good for PG13 action movies though. :D

Pacific Rim was not that good. The characters were annoying, the action was boring, and Charlie Hunnam gave one of the most horrendous lead performances in a while. It was somewhat interesting to see it fall on its face despite the crazy overhype on the internet.  Even here where the thread for it had like 700 pages. Definitely one of the main examples of internet overhype

I can agree with most of that, but how can you say the action was boring? I mean if that's the case I shudder to think of what the action in Godzilla must be.