baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

High 80's is the minimum for Godzilla. That's fucking huge for a non-sequel. 200 are locked and loaded. The question is how much can it go given the mixed reception. MD weekend should help. A 2.5 mutiplier from 90m OW would give it 225m.

Mostly positive. It isn't getting mixed reception. 

• Like 4

Hollywood Reporter fail

"Gareth Edwards' Godzilla -- giving new life to the iconic lizard -- is poised to cross a victorious $90 million in its North American debut after enjoying a $32 million-plus Friday."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-godzilla-surges-friday-705124

could be a typo.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

in case you guys want some schooling

Nikki Finke @NikkiFinke · So why did 'Godzilla' overperform? Enormous curiosity even after all these years. Plus a savvy director who reinvigorated the monster genre.

get it? get it? good.

She was with it even before she new what with it was.
  • Like 1

Hollywood Reporter fail

"Gareth Edwards' Godzilla -- giving new life to the iconic lizard -- is poised to cross a victorious $90 million in its North American debut after enjoying a $32 million-plus Friday."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-godzilla-surges-friday-705124

The Hollywood Reporter is making Nikki look good.

Ow!

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

Now, because Godzilla is well recieved, the least it may make for Saturday is another 27M.  and then 20 for Sunday.  I expected this movie to be MASSIVELY frontloaded and now because of the good buzz, it should stay flat on Sat the least.  36+27+20 = 83.  But i think it will be more like 36+29+21 = 86

My hat off to those who saw this kind of opening a few months back.I did'ent and im impressed with those who did

i have been saying that this entire year. after lowballing lego and cap2. and overestimating tasm2. and then lowballing godzilla. oh god.

Mostly positive. It isn't getting mixed reception. 

From what i've heard and read, its pretty mixed. Its not Star Trek. I cant see it passing 250 even with a 95 OW. CA:TWS barely made it with a probaby bigger OW and MUCH better reception (and less competition),

i think wom will definitely be good. it's not the type of movie for the ga to nitpick

i think wom will definitely be good. it's not the type of movie for the ga to nitpick

It'll be interesting...the build up works. I have my complaints, but the legs...hard to say. Depends how well atomic breath achieves bringing them back...cause...Dat atomic breath.
  • Like 2

From what i've heard and read, its pretty mixed. Its not Star Trek. I cant see it passing 250 even with a 95 OW. CA:TWS barely made it with a probaby bigger OW and MUCH better reception (and less competition),

I dont think so either. But MD is next week and that could help. Maybe

TASM2 needs 755m ww to make a profit according to Deadline

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 which is now in third place after three weeks to take in an estimated around $16.5M more for the weekend. Spidey’s cume is expected to reach around $172M+ this weekend and it will definitely cross $600M worldwide. It needs to reach that magical $755M number to make a profit...

• Like 1