baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

So I finally watched godzilla yesterday in Imax 3d and I thought it was a good film. Sure it had its problems but that ending was one of the most beautiful shot action scenes I've seen in quite some time, it looked amazing.

and I loved that airport scene, especially how they cut to the little boy watching them fight on the news, that was hilarious

Some people hated how the monsters fought on TV or in the background which clearly was Edwards trying to show how this would looks in human eyes. This movie was about what if this really happened. He said it multiple times.
  • Like 2

One of the writers is a writer for Expendables.  How do you write the brilliant Expendables and then come up with a dud like Godzilla?

The writing for both movies is mediocre and banal, which was to be expected from the writer who wrote Doom. The difference is that, in addition to Godzilla having much better subject matter, Gareth Edwards outclasses Stallone as a director by a comfortable margin in every conceivable way. 

• Like 5

How the hell do we get weekend estimates NOW before sunday hasn't even ended, YET, we have to wait til late Saturday night for Saturdays numbers???? Explain this??

Hence the word 'estimates'

How the hell do we get weekend estimates NOW before sunday hasn't even ended, YET, we have to wait til late Saturday night for Saturdays numbers???? Explain this??

Because the studios like to brag about the weekend gross to the media on Sunday while people are still off from work and might see the headlines on websites like CNN.

BTW, (I'll post here so Shawn can see it), I used a quote from Shawn's sig in the commencement address I auditioned with

I got second so I'm not doing the speech, but Shawn helped in a way :P

This has been a fun weekend guys. Godzilla rocked the box office big time. He shook it up!

Posted Image

Cap 2 passed $700m

Posted Image

Also, Frozen passed $1.2b WW which is nuts. I think this has been a great year for box office thus far. Unlike last summer, films will have a little more room to breathe. 

• Like 2