baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

My girlfriend got a flash flood warming text at 9:30 on the dot. It's really pouring. A cozy indoor night at home, bong in hand. Enjoying the work, everybody!

A citywide flood alert went out to everyone. I completely ignored the alert. I even tried disabling future annoying alerts.An hour later, I went to get ice from my basement and water came splashing through the basement door. It was Titanic in REAL TIME. I called 911 immediately and they showed up 20 mins later. Power is out on my house. I have a generator! Unfortunately that was also in basement. Id say I just got about $100,000 in damages in my basement.Worst night of my life after The Prestige was given a 77% RT. This is bullshit.
  • Like 6

MI4. The power went out about 80% of the way through the movie. Luckily we had already made it through TDKR preview plus the MI4 skyscraper scene. :lol:

Oh yes. Couldn't remember for the life of me. Thanks Red

What was that movie they showed TDKR preview or something in front of? Now people really did show up to see that.

The Avengers. Why else do you think it got to 207M OW?
  • Like 7

A citywide flood alert went out to everyone. I completely ignored the alert. I even tried disabling future annoying alerts.An hour later, I went to get ice from my basement and water came splashing through the basement door. It was Titanic in REAL TIME. I called 911 immediately and they showed up 20 mins later. Power is out on my house. I have a generator! Unfortunately that was also in basement. Id say I just got about $100,000 in damages in my basement.Worst night of my life after The Prestige was given a 77% RT. This is bullshit.

Oh Ed sorry to hear that. 

• Like 1

76%. :angry:

• Like 4

in case anyone gives a fart,

Early Friday Box Office: Jon Hamm's 'Million Dollar Arm' (Disney - 3019 runs) starts$4M for small $12M wkd.

considering it's small budget(25m), counter programming, and summer ahead, i smell a decent sized one.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

Oh shit ED buddy man oh man :(...I hope its not that much damage my friend. Thank god fema should reimburse because its a flood. But I know the headaches of getting your claims and such is crazy...Are you going by family now man or they putting you up in a hotel.. So sorry ;( ED ..

• Like 2

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, it broke out against most predictions lol 

How many times did you watch it? :lol:

The Avengers. Why else do you think it got to 207M OW?

Yes of course. LOL

• Like 1

Back to normal, I must say I haven't hears such a mixed crowd reaction for a while in my theater. A lot of people passionately hated it and we had a few walk outs, and on the other hand there were lot of positive reactions, a couple came back straight away to book tickets to an IMAX showing. (Why would you go and watch it in regular 3D if you have the time to watch it in IMAX, don't ask me). It seems like that it's a polarizing movie, will be interesting to see how does it translate to its legs.

• Like 1

All of this Godzilla vs Spider-Man nonsense needs to stop(except for the funny gifs). Honestly, if the fifth Godzilla in 12 years does 90m OW, then you can start comparing. Until then...this is the good Godzilla film people were waiting for. The good Spider-Man film people were waiting for did about twice as much business.

;)

And to show I'm coming from a place of no ill will:

Posted Image

True but Godzilla it's still awesome to see Godzilla be able to compete with Spidey, especially since Spider-Man was never that great to begin with.

That sucks. I hope you stay safe and it doesn't get too much worse. 

Lol my cousin got upset cause we all got flood warning excepts her.

ugh..sorry man. hopefully the damage is less and like kal says, thank god for fema reimbursing because of a flood.

Edited by a2k

Back to normal, I must say I haven't hears such a mixed crowd reaction for a while in my theater. A lot of people passionately hated it and we had a few walk outs, and on the other hand there were lot of positive reactions, a couple came back straight away to book tickets to an IMAX showing. (Why would you go and watch it in regular 3D if you have the time to watch it in IMAX, don't ask me). It seems like that it's a polarizing movie, will be interesting to see how does it translate to its legs.

I think this film will have decent legs, especially given the genre.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1