baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Even though I had plenty of reservations about the movie, I'm openly rooting for Godzilla to stomp and roar to $250M+ DOM. I really believe a sequel could iron out the kinks and deliver something even bigger/better. 

Legendary is planning a sequel, correct?

I believe Legendary's head guy said WB will have 100% control going forward.

• Like 2

Even though I had plenty of reservations about the movie, I'm openly rooting for Godzilla to stomp and roar to $250M+ DOM. I really believe a sequel could iron out the kinks and deliver something even bigger/better. Legendary is planning a sequel, correct?

I'd be shocked if we don't hear something about "Godzilla 2: Nuclear Boogaloo" by the end of the week.
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Godzilla Intl update: $22.3m Friday (43m total)Top markets for Friday (all ranked #1)>> UK $2.7m, cume $4.65m>> Russia $1.9, cume $3.6m>> Mexico $1.8m, cume $3.2m>> Germany $1.4m, cume $2.85m>> Australia $1.4m, cume $2.6mLondon BFI is apparently sold out for the weekend.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 10

Godzilla Intl update: $22.3m Friday (43m total)Top markets for Friday (all ranked #1)>> UK $2.7m, cume $4.65m>> Russia $1.9, cume $3.6m>> Mexico $1.8m, cume $3.2m>> Germany $1.4m, cume $2.85m>> Australia $1.4m, cume $2.6mnternational Godzilla update: $22.3m Fr ($43m total)London BFI is apparently sold out for the weekend.

Gonna make more domestic than International perhaps? That would be shocking.

• Like 1

Godzilla Intl update: $22.3m Friday (43m total)Top markets for Friday (all ranked #1)>> UK $2.7m, cume $4.65m>> Russia $1.9, cume $3.6m>> Mexico $1.8m, cume $3.2m>> Germany $1.4m, cume $2.85m>> Australia $1.4m, cume $2.6mnternational Godzilla update: $22.3m Fr ($43m total)London BFI is apparently sold out for the weekend.

Thats not great for the UK unfortunately, unless its supposed to be in '£'.

• Like 1

Man, my lowballing-tactic has really backfired thus far. Both this and Neighbors perform like gangbusters, and the one I thought would do well, Spidey, really disappoints. <_<

Good news is we're getting a Godzilla sequel sooner rather than later. :)

Oh, and no more lowballing. Days of Future Past OW over 150m. Lets go!

• Like 6

Man, my lowballing-tactic has really backfired thus far. Both this and Neighbors perform like gangbusters, and the one I thought would do well, Spidey, really disappoints. <_<

Good news is we're getting a Godzilla sequel sooner rather than later. :)

Oh, and no more lowballing. Days of Future Past OW over 150m. Lets go!

4-day?

Cold launches since 2005 ($75m adjusted or more)1. The Hunger Games (direct adaptation of current book series)2. Alice In Wonderland (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)3. Iron Man (first-time adaptation of long running character)4. Man of Steel (new adaptation of dormant character)5. Godzilla (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)6. The Da Vinci Code (A-List adaptation of current book)7. Avatar (original movie from dormant director)8. Star Trek (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)9. I Am Legend (A-List adaptation of classic novel)10. 300 (adaptation of graphic novel)11. Transformers (loose adaptation of cartoon/toy franchise)12. The Simpsons Movie (big screen extension of TV franchise)13. Narnia TLWW (adaptation of classic novel)14. War of the Worlds (A-List adaptation of classic novel15. Oz Great & Powerful (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)16. Twilight (direct adaptation of current book series)Once again, Avatar is in a league of its own as the only original film to truly open big